safe at 82 c ?

Brend2123

Playing Assassins creed odyssey with 2560x1440 resolution MAX graphics , and im using RTX 2080 8gb oc ( msi aero ) , is it safe playing on 82 c ? and is it normal ? max it went up to 83 nothing more

That seems about normal for a 2080 under an Aero heatsink. If it goes up to 90c, then you should be worried.

If the current temperature concerns you badly enough, you can always set a more aggressive fan curve in Afterburner.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Brend2123 said:

Setting a more aggressive fan curve wont damage or harm the fan or the card right ? @Crunchy Dragon

Not enough that you'll have problems before you get a newer GPU.

I have a reference GTX 780 that I run a fairly aggressive fan curve on, no problems whatsoever.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

54 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

Setting a more aggressive fan curve wont damage or harm the fan or the card right ? @Crunchy Dragon

Not really, no.

The card would benefit because it'd run cooler. The fans may lose some of their lifespan, however they'll still likely last much past when the card becomes outdated and needs replaced.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W