windows 10
i7 7700
16gb corsair vengeance rgb
msi gtx 1060 6gb
m.2 x2
hdd x2
ssd x2
asus prime h270 plus

Now for some reason it keeps freezing/crashing during rainbow six siege. And YES only during R6S. I am letting my son use the rig and we game together but this pc keeps freaking crashing. i have googled, youtubed etc all sorts of solutions. well nothing. keeps doing it. followed some solutions on youtube that helped many but not me. now i did find 3 rainbow six installations on three different drives. so i figured the pc might be getting confused. so i uninstalled all three and shut down pc. started it up and verified they were gone and they were. so i installed rainbow and rainbow test server. still the crashing continues. went into the install folder and made sure the exe file was run as administrator etc. still crashing. uninstalled riva and afterburner and still crashing. i have lots of room on all drives.

so i am just going to do a fresh install of windows. my question is this.

should i wipe out all games from all my drives and just start over totally fresh? 

I just need this damn game to stop crashing.

and then obviously remove all drives except the boot and after install i will reinstall all drives.

thx

it only happens while playing R6S. all other games run fine.

From my experience with stuff like this, I think it's one of two issues. It could be some random windows bug, which in that case would probably be best to ensure it's gone to just wipe and restart, but I would try the less destructive methods first. Just make sure that it isn't a thermal or power issue that only R6s is causing. 

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro