I got a lenovo thinkpad l440, and its great for basic stuff. It got an i5 4300m in it, and intel hd 4600. Now ive undervolted my gpu in my normal desktop PC, a rx480 and that was really worth it as the temps went down from around 70-85c when playing games to about 50-65c, And thats absolutly great! But my laptop, doesnt really make me happy, as it can barely run anything, such as cs go low settings, around 20 fps (800x600) and i dont know why or whats going on. Ive changed the thermal paste on the cpu and all but still no diffrence in performance. My older laptop with a i3 3rd or 2nd gen cpu with intel 4000 could run cs go at 1280 720 at low settings with about 40+ fps. And keep in mind my laptop with i5 only gets up to around 50-65c too, so i aint sure if its thermal throttling or just a bad cpu. I got some spare parts for it too, like the cpu, and ive also tried changing to one of those, but as i said nothing have worked so far.So now ive considered tryin to undervolt the cpu, just to increase performance a bit and maybe even reduce the temperatures on it. Ive seen some people use Intel xtreme utility or throttlestop, and i would to, the only problem is that i use Linux Mate, and from what i know throttlestop dont exist on linux. So im wondering:

Am i able to undervolt my cpu?

If yes, What program? (linux Mate compatible)

Are there any tutorials for that program?