i5-8600K Idle temps with 240mm Corsair AIO

I'm concern that there's a problem with my i5-8600k

At idle the temp is 40 degree celcius, with ambient temp of 23 degree celcius. With Corsair RGB Platinum 240mm AIO cooler. Fan speed is at max 1900rpm on two fans

20190602_004524.jpg

13 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

is this a new build? or is it acting up?

Its an old one. My motherboard is 1 year old and i got the cpu 6 months ago. The cooler i got was 4 months ago. But I did do something with the cpu today which i forgot to mention...

I spread out the cpu with a thin layer of thermal paste, and also spread out a thin layer of thermal paste on the cooler itself as well.

15 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

is this a new build? or is it acting up?

20190601_194142.jpg

might have to much thermal paste i usualy just do a layer on the cpu pull it off and re seat it and see if it changes the temps

i have 35-40C with my delided i7 8700k with dark rock 3 too, its because i have set the voltage manually to get 4.7ghz so it stays at that voltage and doesnt go down,

but the clock changes.

1 minute ago, PacketMan said:

Idle temp 40ºC? It's good.

Load temps under 80ºC? Fine. Under 75ºC? Nice. Under 70ºC? Good temps. Under 65ºC? Really nice temps

temps under 75? lets give this bad boy a nice oc :D

7 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

With a 280 AIO with a nice OC I'd expect it to be under 75ºC (at least with fans at full speed)

I like my temps like I like my coffee: cold ?

yes well i mean when the temps are not high you can get more performance by OCing it so why not?

25 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

It depends on for how long will he OC it (or for how long will he get high temps), because with a 8600K and a 240 (not 280 lol) AIO I expect OP to have a nice GPU too, but generally speaking the i5 8600K at 4.7GHz as OP set it it's pretty strong that won't bottleneck almost any game

still there are a lot of games which benefit from higher cpu clocks even when its not fully used. for example Arma 3: i got around 10% more fps with an overclock to 4.7ghz over the stock-clock 4.3ghz and arma 3 is only using 20-30% cpu

Wow thanks guys for replying, and helping out and hearing your opinions!! XOXO