Is this hardware or software based issue?

Combat_Killer

Hello to one and all,

I have recently changed from Intel to AMD and couldnt be happier to be perfectly honest, but since its my first AMD like for ever im kind of a noob when dealing with AMD and setups. 

To keep this post brief ill do my best to try and keep it short and simple, but im having a hard time trying to understand certain things and im hoping someone around here could help me out.

Again, i just want to make it perfectly clear this is my very first time dealing with AMD setups and parts.

Hardware

CPU: Ryzen 2700

RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZB DUAL CHANNEL: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz [TridentZ] 1.35V

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming-5 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 Gaming 1 4gb Windforce

PSU: Enermax 850w

I am having issues with my memory, im happy with my setup as is, so i dont really care if i cant get more speed, im just merely here for knowledge and learning purposes, to try and get a better understanding on whats my problem.

Here is whats going, in BIOS i enable the XMP profile and in the window it says applied 3200, in the second option it says 2133, when windows loads and i look in task manager and CPU-Z it says 2133.

So i disabled the XMP in BIOS and manually applied 2933, which is what the AMD CPU is rated at, but once i apply, the PC reboots then i get an error bluescreen, with 2 options, F8 Reboot and ENTER to start.

None of which works, so i power off my machine from the power button, but then goes into this endless loop of just rebooting with a black screen and then i have to turn power off from the wall.

So now i have to reset my BIOS, upon doing so then the MOBO error comes up stating that the BIOS has been reset please check your settings, then i get back into BIOS and system at this point is ok.

So what i have currently now setup is a 2666 speed manually inputted on the memory and my PC runs fine, im happy with it no problems.

What my system is running right now,

Ryzen Master --> with the GAME MODE activated

GPU OC [OC GURU II] --> GPU CLOCK (BASE/BOOST: 1376/1439 Mhz) <-> MEMORY CLOCK 7410 Mhz

Ram --> 2666 Mhz

With this setup the PC is doing exactly what i want from it and im really happy with the performance, but im here to try and find out why exactly i cannot go over 2666Mhz as i can go upto 3200Mhz.

I thought at first it was a software issue, with the Ryzen Master, but i cant make it past POST or BIOS, which now leads me to hardware config or perhaps compatibility.

So im just curious if anyone has had this issue, or does anyone have an explanation as to what is exactly happening.

Cheers,

increase the SOC voltage. You're safe to do so up to 1.2v for 24/7 operations. I have to run mine at 1.15v and a high LLC setting to be stable. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

increase the SOC voltage. You're safe to do so up to 1.2v for 24/7 operations. I have to run mine at 1.15v and a high LLC setting to be stable. 

Ok i did it again and it didnt work i got the blue screen again, i think its software based issue, cause this time i wrote down the error info and this is what it said...

File:\Windows\system32\winload.exe

Error Code: 0xc0000225

Press ENTER to try again

Press F8 for startup settings

But its here when i press ENTER or F8 and nothing happens, then i have to switch it of from the PSU and reset the BIOS.

BUT, this time when i reset the bios i didnt go into bios settings, windows loaded, as soon as everything loaded then i got the memory dump screen.

I rebooted whilst this time pressing DELETE and then got the BIOS change setting screen, went in and defaulted everything back to the way i had it, just upped the RAM to 2666.

Once windows loaded, everything worked but just couldnt LEFT+CLICK on my mouse, everything else about the worked, just not the left click.

Dont know why this time the mouse malfunctioned and i know it was just a glitch as it was the logitech software once loaded disabled that function on me.

So i think for now im happy with my pc and the way it runs atm, but i have a funny feeling that my problem is due not having the FULL version of M.Soft Win 10, as its a Win7 upgrade to 10. Im only coming to this conclusion as in the error message its pointing out a system32 error.

Now its quit possible i could spend hours possibly days on getting my CPU and RAM tweaked upto OC specs, but as far as it goes the PC right now is running and operating as i like it to run, so im not going to waste more time, energy and effort on trying to boost the memory speed.

So i want to thank you for trying to help me, muchly appreciated

Cheers,