Troubleshooting random crashes

Hey all, 

My PC has developed a problem this week that has me a little stumped. 

The computer randomly shuts off for about one or two seconds before restarting normally. No errors messages or anything. 

It's happened about four times in a two days stretch and seems random. Happened under light load, gaming load, and idle. 

The PSU is only 6 months old, I'm not really doing any overclocking (maybe a tiny bit, but nothing crazy and my temps are great). 

I tried testing the ram running each stick by itself. Funny thing is that the PC won't crash when its just one stick. I don't know if its really that random, or if there is a reason its not crashing with only one stick. 

Any tips for diagnosis would be great, thanks! 

Give us your full system details and be as specific as possible. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Off the top of my head: 

ASUS ROG board. z370f I think. 

i5 8700k 

1080 TI

Vengeance ram 2x8gb

Rosewell 850w modular PSU (did a lot of research on this, there were bad Rosewell models and good ones. This was supposed to be a good one) 
256 GB SSD

1TB HDD 

Custom watercooling loop for the 1080 TI and CPU. 

which model specifically of the Rosewill PSU. Is the 1080ti slotted into the PCIE slot or vertically mounted with a riser cable?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

which model specifically of the Rosewill PSU. Is the 1080ti slotted into the PCIE slot or vertically mounted with a riser cable?

Apparently, Im going crazy. Thought it was a bigger one. Here is the PSU https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWW43DI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And vertically mounted with high-quality riser 

Just now, SpencerK said:

Apparently, Im going crazy. Thought it was a bigger one. Here is the PSU https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWW43DI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And vertically mounted with high-quality riser 

ok, thats a decent PSU. Is your water cooling hardline or soft? Is it possible to bypass the riser and plug directly into the PCIE slot on the motherboard?

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

ok, thats a decent PSU. Is your water cooling hardline or soft? Is it possible to bypass the riser and plug directly into the PCIE slot on the motherboard?

Soft. And yes, theoretically, but that would take a bit. 

Just now, SpencerK said:

Soft. And yes, theoretically, but that would take a bit. 

If possible I would do that and reseat all your power cables to your MOBO and CPU headers. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig