Need Help with GPU cooling.

Right Side Gone

So basically i Got a killer deal on two gtx 770s. Im building a system for my friend in a standard asus case. With the side panel off the GPU only hits 70c under full load with relatively quiet fans. With the side panel on its hitting 80c and getting pretty loud. When i take the panel off and put my hand near the heatsink i can feel little air being pushed out. While on my other card i can feel alot more air being pushed through the heatsink. Both cards were cleaned and thermal paste replaced. The case has no intake fan, one exhaust fan, and the psu on top of case facing downwards. Although the exhaust fan is doing most of the exhaust work. The specific card is the EVGA GTX 770 sc Acx cooler. The side panel does have holes for some airflow , so this is the reason im asking. Is there anything i can do to improve temps and quiet the fan down?

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
    Oh just lay'r on that rock ye' thatll do it
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
    19tb usb flash drive with windows vista!
  • PSU
    potato wired up via outlet and two wires.
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

Clean the heatsinks, replace the thermal paste & pads.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

1 minute ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

Clean the heatsinks, replace the thermal paste & pads.

Not to be rude but in the post i mentioned that i have already done that.

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

5 minutes ago, FockYourAdsLinus said:

Not to be rude but in the post i mentioned that i have already done that.

Right... I can be brain-dead sometimes. Sorry.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

19 minutes ago, FockYourAdsLinus said:

So basically i Got a killer deal on two gtx 770s. Im building a system for my friend in a standard asus case. With the side panel off the GPU only hits 70c under full load with relatively quiet fans. With the side panel on its hitting 80c and getting pretty loud. When i take the panel off and put my hand near the heatsink i can feel little air being pushed out. While on my other card i can feel alot more air being pushed through the heatsink. Both cards were cleaned and thermal paste replaced. The case has no intake fan, one exhaust fan, and the psu on top of case facing downwards. Although the exhaust fan is doing most of the exhaust work. The specific card is the EVGA GTX 770 sc Acx cooler. The side panel does have holes for some airflow , so this is the reason im asking. Is there anything i can do to improve temps and quiet the fan down?

19 minutes ago, FockYourAdsLinus said:

The case has no intake fan, one exhaust fan, and the psu on top of case facing downwards.

So this is your problem... You need more airflow, You only have 1 exhaust fan. Even tho you have the side panel off, that may HELP temperatures. But having air moving throughout the case is how those style of coolers.. actually cool.. Get more fans. Also those cards generally run hot to begin with.

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

So this is your problem... You need more airflow, You only have 1 exhaust fan. Even tho you have the side panel off, that may HELP temperatures. But having air moving throughout the case is how those style of coolers.. actually cool.. Get more fans. Also those cards generally run hot to begin with.

Ah i see. I did have a 760 twin frozr back in the day in one of these types of cases and it only hit max like 67c. With panel on. Same airflow. So i kinda ruled that out. But you're probably right.

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

2 minutes ago, FockYourAdsLinus said:

Ah i see. I did have a 760 twin frozr back in the day in one of these types of cases and it only hit max like 67c. With panel on. Same airflow. So i kinda ruled that out. But you're probably right.

To get down to legit facts... It's all about Turbo boost.

Go download MSI afterburner, whn you run it you'll probably see a Temp limit gauge there. Which more then likely will be set at 80c.

Turbo boost... boosts your gpu automatically and limits itself at the temp limit.

If the gpu somehow gets hotter then 80c, it will downclock, de-volt etc to stay at 80c. That is why you're at 80c. Now if you want to keep it cooler, you can lower the temp limit yourself, and add more airflow to your case.

2 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

To get down to legit facts... It's all about Turbo boost.

Go download MSI afterburner, whn you run it you'll probably see a Temp limit gauge there. Which more then likely will be set at 80c.

Turbo boost... boosts your gpu automatically and limits itself at the temp limit.

If the gpu somehow gets hotter then 80c, it will downclock, de-volt etc to stay at 80c. That is why you're at 80c. Now if you want to keep it cooler, you can lower the temp limit yourself, and add more airflow to your case.

Hm that's definitely worth a shot. Ill see how it impacts performance. As for more airflow the inside of the case has a front intake mounting spot, but it doesnt look like it could even pull in air from the front. Not sure why its designed this way.

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me