Cheap gaming laptops?

Anyone know of places or any cheap gaming laptops? preferably able to run GTA 5

Budget is around 200-400 GBP

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

for 400 you aren't getting a gaming laptop as much as you are just a normal laptop that happens to support the game.

Did you just need the game to barely run and navigate the menus and such?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

for 400 you aren't getting a gaming laptop as much as you are just a normal laptop that happens to support the game.

Did you just need the game to barely run and navigate the menus and such?

atleast 720p medium settings 40+ fps mainly to play the game at college while having portability 

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

Just now, HeavyFtw said:

atleast 720p medium settings 40+ fps

I'd recommend a console then rather than a throw away laptop

Just now, emosun said:

I'd recommend a console then rather than a throw away laptop

it will be an upgrade regardless its for a friend that has a laptop with an ATOM cpu from like 2005 lol

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

4 minutes ago, HeavyFtw said:

it will be an upgrade regardless its for a friend that has a laptop with an ATOM cpu from like 2005 lol

the atom started production in 2008

if they just want a more usable laptop that very possible just don't expect it to play any sort of game consistently with windows updates and game and driver updates not being managed at all

If we are talking NEW, then you won't get anything for £400 that will do 40fps on GTA 5, not that I know of anyway. 720p is not a hard res to run though, so perhaps in the used market there will be some Acer/Asus/MSI variants that will have something like a GTX M series card.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

1 minute ago, emosun said:

the atom started production in 2008

if they just want a more usable laptop that very possible just don't expect it to play any sort of game consistently with windows updates and game and driver updates not being managed at all

do you have any suggestions at that price range? either way they would be happy with an upgrade the laptop they currently have can barely run google chrome 

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

Just now, iiNNeX said:

If we are talking NEW, then you won't get anything for £400 that will do 40fps on GTA 5, not that I know of anyway. 720p is not a hard res to run though, so perhaps in the used market there will be some Acer/Asus/MSI variants that will have something like a GTX M series card.

actually never thought of getting used is that a good way? I never really get used since their are so many scammers

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

3 minutes ago, HeavyFtw said:

actually never thought of getting used is that a good way? I never really get used since their are so many scammers

I buy a lot of things used, my entire secondary PC has been purchased through forums or ebay, and I've saved quite a few hundred doing that. 

Buying used does not mean you ll get scammed, but as you said you just need to be careful who you buy from. On ebay I would not buy from people with low amount of sales/rating, and also I expect over 95% rating too. That way it ensures a sale is more likely to go through without any hassle. That said, if you ever get scammed and you pay through Paypal, you will get your money back pretty much instantly once you open up a case. Then paypal will go investigate the seller ect.

Let me take a look online and see what I can find for you to give you an example.

Edit: For example something like this, not sure what it will bid over to but spec is good: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GS60-6QE-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-GTX-970M-I7-6700HQ-with-2xSSD-8GB-RAM/254235675297?hash=item3b31a08aa1:g:vXMAAOSwO~Jczqv1

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

5 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

I buy a lot of things used, my entire secondary PC has been purchased through forums or ebay, and I've saved quite a few hundred doing that. 

Buying used does not mean you ll get scammed, but as you said you just need to be careful who you buy from. On ebay I would not buy from people with low amount of sales/rating, and also I expect over 95% rating too. That way it ensures a sale is more likely to go through without any hassle. That said, if you ever get scammed and you pay through Paypal, you will get your money back pretty much instantly once you open up a case. Then paypal will go investigate the seller ect.

Let me take a look online and see what I can find for you to give you an example.

Edit: For example something like this, not sure what it will bid over to but spec is good: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GS60-6QE-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-GTX-970M-I7-6700HQ-with-2xSSD-8GB-RAM/254235675297?hash=item3b31a08aa1:g:vXMAAOSwO~Jczqv1

thank you and if I get used should I record opening it? or does that mean nothing

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A