Boot cloning troubles

f2bacon
Go to solution Solved by f2bacon,

Solved this by using aomei backupper

Hey I've been trying to clone my windows 10 installation from my ssd to an nvme and I just can't get it to boot. I've used a couple different programs (macrium, easeus) but it always comes up either the black and white cannot detect windows installation, or the more recent (closer to success?) blue screen saying windows is unnaccessible or "critical process died"
I cloned my programs drive from an ssd to a sata m.2 drive with 0 issues.
I've noticed no windows cloning software is able to clone the drive with system, boot, page file, crash dump. Is there a step I'm missing? Both are MBR.
Thought it was a driver issue, but that didn't work out for me either.
Thanks for absolutely any help!!!

Current windows drive is SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP-128G-G25 2.5" 128GB SATA III 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:06 PM, f2bacon said:

Hey man! I literally did this afew months ago ssd to nvme...  I reformatted the ssd to use as additional storage, and can boot to the nvme but only if I manually select it as a device. If I just let It start up normally It wants to bo9t to the blank ssd.. Did you have this problem after you com0leted the clone? 

I didn't because I unplugged my old drive. It sounds like you just gotta go into the bios and choose your boot order. Your bios is still pointed at that older drive to boot