Manjaro USB

I created a bootable USB for Manjaro, but when I set my computer to boot from it for installation, the computer ignores it and opens Windows.  I read that secure boot in the BIOS can cause problems, but can not find a secure boot option in my BIOS.  I am using a HP laptop with the following specs:

CPU: i5-2520M

Ram: 8 Gig

Video: AMD Radeon HD 6470M

VRAM: 1 GB

Any ideas?

HP BIOS options suck, if I remember correctly you need to go to the "Advanced" tab and then there will be an option along the left hand side named "Boot options". The page should have a dropdown menu with an entry along the lines of "Allow UEFI and Legacy boot", you will need to select that and then "Save" then exit.  There may also, depending on the model, there may be separate options for disabling Secure Boot and TPM that will need to be done separately from setting the boot option.

I appreciate the reply.  I figured it out.  Instead of booting from the USB there was an option to boot from EPI file which fixed the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

One, it's not BIOS, it's UEFI.

Two, it depends on the specific HP device, but, for example, on my laptop, I can disable Secure Boot (under Security, I believe, I'll have to check in a minute) quite easily and the boot options menu (press F9 for it) labels UEFI and Legacy options separately.