Which hardware in which Case problem

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a little problem in making a decision on what hardware to put in my cases. To make matters a bit more challenging I have tickets to LTX BYOC and will be taking the smaller rig to it, so keep that in mind for the below choices:

Main tower case is Corsair 750D

Motherboard is Asus Maximus XI Extreme

AX1200i power

Fully watercooled

Second travel/LAN case is Louqe Ghost S1

Motherboard is Asus ROG Z390-I ITX

SilverStone SST-SX800-LTI

Fully watercooled 

Options:

CPU's:

Intel i7-8700K @5ghz

Intel i9-9900k @5ghz

Both can be water cooled with EK block or corsair AIO

GPU's:

GTX 1080Ti

RTX 2080Ti

both are water-cooled with EK blocks

The obvious choice is to keep both the i9 and RTX together and i7 and GTX together.

I can put the i9 and RTX in the Corsair 750D for the best cooling and performance but I would really like to take the best LAN computer to LTX which would mean putting them in the Ghost S1.

Could I please get some opinions and pros and cons from everyone.

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, dev1234567890 said:

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a little problem in making a decision on what hardware to put in my cases. To make matters a bit more challenging I have tickets to LTX BYOC and will be taking the smaller rig to it, so keep that in mind for the below choices:

Main tower case is Corsair 750D

Motherboard is Asus Maximus XI Extreme

AX1200i power

Fully watercooled

Second travel/LAN case is Louqe Ghost S1

Motherboard is Asus ROG Z390-I ITX

SilverStone SST-SX800-LTI

Fully watercooled 

Options:

CPU's:

Intel i7-8700K @5ghz

Intel i9-9900k @5ghz

Both can be water cooled with EK block or corsair AIO

GPU's:

GTX 1080Ti

RTX 2080Ti

both are water-cooled with EK blocks

The obvious choice is to keep both the i9 and RTX together and i7 and GTX together.

I can put the i9 and RTX in the Corsair 750D for the best cooling and performance but I would really like to take the best LAN computer to LTX which would mean putting them in the Ghost S1.

Could I please get some opinions and pros and cons from everyone.

Thanks in advance.

OK, first of all, even if you take the ITX with the i7 and 1080 to LTX, IT'S STILL an i7-8700k and 1080ti. It would be fine for no matter what you do. But if you have the time and patience and willingness to, You could put the i9/RTX in the Ghost and take it to LTX and put it in the Corsair when you get back home.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

3 hours ago, OmicronEta said:

OK, first of all, even if you take the ITX with the i7 and 1080 to LTX, IT'S STILL an i7-8700k and 1080ti. It would be fine for no matter what you do. But if you have the time and patience and willingness to, You could put the i9/RTX in the Ghost and take it to LTX and put it in the Corsair when you get back home.

That's my problem, the 8700 and 1080 is currently in the S1 and I've just finished the water cooling loop for it. The 9900 is in the 750d with the Corsair AIO and 2080 is still fan cooled. Not sure if I have the time to put the ek block on the 2080 and change everything over to the S1, and then put the 8700 and 1080 in the 750d and finish a full loop for that. God damn it, I need a clone.

Well if it's that way then I would just go with the current setup you have

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard