No Post Red CPU LED

jubjub

I'm getting a red cpu led when I press the power button and then it almost instantly turns off before getting into a loop where it starts without any red led and the orange boot led and then just turns off after a while. This build is a mix of old and new parts and hasn't posted before.

I'm hoping someone has had this behavior before and can narrow down what it is other than something related to the cpu.

I also don't want to try a whole bunch of random or generic steps to fix it, I'll just send it somewhere and pay for someone else to do that if I can't find a targeted solution. Also please don't just tell me "PSU problem", because although you can just yell "PSU problem" and "CMOS reset" every time something goes wrong and have a pretty good accuracy rate that doesn't make it helpful lol.

Specs:

New Parts

Asus ROG STRIX 390-F

Coolermaster ml240r

970 evo 1tb m.2

Old Parts

2 random hard drives

ocz vertex 60gb ssd

not quite as old intel 120gb ssd

Intel 600p 128gb m.2

EVGA 650G+

Gigabyte 1080ti

32gb ram (2x 16gb 2666mhz ripjaws kits)

22 minutes ago, jubjub said:

before getting into a loop starting without any red led and the orange boot led and then just restarting after a while.

Well this doesn't make any sense, rewrite it properly. For now try to boot with the integrated gpu and remove the 1080ti. If it still does that try to find the cables linked to the power switch and just short the pins yourself with a screwdriver. 

Just now, Arsenious said:

Well this doesn't make any sense, rewrite it properly. For now try to boot with the integrated gpu and remove the 1080ti. If it still does that try to find the cables linked to the power switch and just short the pins yourself with a screwdriver. 

It starts with the cpu led, turns off, then turns on and off in a loop without the cpu led.

something is shorting out or the "psu is failing lol". for now disconnect the gpu and try again

A PSU issue is the most likely problem but I'd rather try see what other problems it could be first.

Also nope still having the same issue without the gpu.