Maybe a silly question

Cornish

This may be a silly question, but, I'm thinking of building myself a VERY slimline case to mount on the underside of a desk and it made me wonder is there any reason why I couldn't use the fan on the wraith cooler like an additional intake (filtered obviously)? I was planning to have an in and an out at opposite ends of the case anyway but this would pull extra, room temp air in specifically for the CPU (Ryzen 2400g).

Are you asking if the wraith cooler will pull in air while doing it's job as the cpu cooler?

Or saying you want to use it separate from the heatsink as a case fan?

What case are you using?

If it would pull air in whilst being used as a cooler, still attached to the heatsink... I'm thinking of building my own case, probably only as thick as the cooler itself when mounted, or as close to as possible. I'm wanting to mount the whole thing on the underside of a desk whilst not impeding leg room so it will need to be as thin as possible, hence the idea of having the CPU cooler pull in air from the room...

21 hours ago, Cornish said:

If it would pull air in whilst being used as a cooler, still attached to the heatsink... I'm thinking of building my own case, probably only as thick as the cooler itself when mounted, or as close to as possible. I'm wanting to mount the whole thing on the underside of a desk whilst not impeding leg room so it will need to be as thin as possible, hence the idea of having the CPU cooler pull in air from the room...

Should work quite well actually. Question is what components do you want to put in? If it’s just a HTPC with a ryzen APU you should be fine by just using the cpu cooler as intake and cutting some exhaust vents into the right spots 

It's basically going to be used for gaming, but only what can be supported by the onboard graphics, it's also got 16gb of memory (dual 8gb ballistix sport at 2666mhz), an SSD, an HDD and an m.2 drive. The PSU will be thermally separated from the rest of the components... If I ever do add discrete graphics, then that would similarly be separated...

6 hours ago, Cornish said:

It's basically going to be used for gaming, but only what can be supported by the onboard graphics, it's also got 16gb of memory (dual 8gb ballistix sport at 2666mhz), an SSD, an HDD and an m.2 drive. The PSU will be thermally separated from the rest of the components... If I ever do add discrete graphics, then that would similarly be separated...

Sounds good. It’s a really cool concept actually. Might try it myself one day :P

If I can make it look half decent I'll put some pictures up. Thanks for the help/confirmation...