bottleneck

Depends on the game and frame rate. Some games like BFV will get 40fps with a cpu such as that whereas others like overwatch will sit above 150 no probs. But generally if you want over 100fps. Yes it will. If your fine with 60. It will some times.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

2 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

is a Ryzen 3 1300x going to bottleneck a GTX 1060?

I dont think it will, both components are relatively low powered

Just now, alatron978 said:

Depends on the game and frame rate. Some games like BFV will get 40fps with a cpu such as that whereas others like overwatch will sit above 150 no probs. But generally if you want over 100fps. Yes it will. If your fine with 60. It will some times.

Just now, Fiskelord said:

I dont think it will, both components are relatively low powered

will a 1050 ti work better with it then?

Just now, JohnCarlHenry said:

will a 1050 ti work better with it then?

Well, you wont get anymore performance out of the machine by downgrading a component, but what component(s) do you already have? I think your best bet is to buy a Ryzen 5 processor instead, if you dont already have the Ryzen 3, that will make the biggest difference. What resolution you play in have a lot to say as well, but looking at the components, im guessing 1080p@60?

3 minutes ago, Fiskelord said:

Well, you wont get anymore performance out of the machine by downgrading a component, but what component(s) do you already have? I think your best bet is to buy a Ryzen 5 processor instead, if you dont already have the Ryzen 3, that will make the biggest difference. What resolution you play in have a lot to say as well, but looking at the components, im guessing 1080p@60?

but the budget is only about $580 for the entire build... would switching to a 1050 ti but using a ryzen 5 work fine? (720p at 60 fps)

1 minute ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

but the budget is only about $580 for the entire build... would switching to a 1050 ti but using a ryzen 5 work fine? (720p at 60 fps)

If you aren't planning to upgrade resolution in the neat future, i would recommend a r5 2600 and 1050ti over a 1300x and 1060... which 1060?

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

2 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I don't know your financial situation, but maybe wait a little longer till you can afford a ryzen 5 and a 1060, it will serve you better and that way you don't have to get rid of a component if/when you want to upgrade