Need smart home help

Ryder1329

I have a alexa but im wondering what i have yo buy to tell alexa to turn off the lights. Is it a smart light switch because idk

like this?

I think you can do it with a RGB light, it can also be turned off so it'd work

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

like this?

I think you can do it with a RGB light, it can also be turned off so it'd work

No i mean for example lets say im going to bed i can say alexa turn off the lights and when i wake up i can go alexa turn on the lights

7 minutes ago, Ryder1329 said:

No i mean for example lets say im going to bed i can say alexa turn off the lights and when i wake up i can go alexa turn on the lights

You need a supported "smart" switch for every light you want to control like that.

https://www.amazon.com/Gosund-Control-required-installation-listed/dp/B07DQDNBZ2/ref=sr_1_3

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Ryder1329 said:

Just pickup any Alexa compatible wifi smart plug or switch or Zwave hub and plug or switch then set it up according to the manufacturer instructions. If you require a wall switch to be wired in, you may have to hire an electrician to wire it in for you.

Typically it is as easy as adding a skill to your echo or granting permission to your Amazon account to be able to control your device with your echo.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler