Windows 7 - HP 2560P - Cant turn off or restart

Woyta

I got problem with W7 on my old Laptop HP 2560P. From time around release of  SP1 I got problem, that I cant turn laptop off or even restart. It alway just black out screen (backlight turned on) a stop reacting to any button.

It seem, that there was some change in basic windows drivers I am not able to find.

Laptop works fine with Linux (Lubuntu) or W7 without updates.

Does somebody know what could cause that?

Hi there,

Well, it does seem like this is software related. I think this might be a Driver issues, but it could also be a Bios issue. I would recommend updating the Bios. I did a quick search for you and found that the Bios update can fix issue with the Battery and Returning from sleep. These are all tied in to the process of turning off and restarting. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03333068

I hope this helps. If not maybe go to SP2?

Protocl37

• Fixed an issue where the system fails to resume from Standby or Hibernation in DC mode with the insertion of a specific media card reader. Note that this issue only occurs in DC mode with Microsoft Windows XP.

Well. I am not using XP. And I am not resuming from standby. I am trying to power it off (no hibernation) or restart it.

I am playing with this problem for sime time and trying to find solution.

I got this problem since SP1. Windows is fully updated. And its fresh instal too. 

Bios was latest. Now it is downgraded 2 versions just to test if there is a difference in behavior.