Should I upgrade?

TheRiskk

i currently have a gtx 1060 3gb mini from gigabyte and i wish to begin streaming games such as BFV and other AAA titles alongside CS:GO and so was wondering if its worth selling to buy the new GTX 1660? or would it be better to upgrade my Ryzen 1600x first, thanks

the CPU is what you need for streaming, the 1600x is likely up to the task.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

the CPU is what you need for streaming, the 1600x is likely up to the task.

so it would be better to upgrade GPU correct?

Just now, TheRiskk said:

so it would be better to upgrade GPU correct?

If you want to play at higher settings, yes.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If you want to play at higher settings, yes.

currently when i record BFV at high on most i get between 80 but it drops below 60 every so often

1 minute ago, TheRiskk said:

currently when i record BFV at high on most i get between 80 but it drops below 60 every so often

high settings in battlefield is likely pretty hard on the budget 1060 3gb

Primary PC:

I would also upgrade the GPU, the 3GB VRAM is really the main problem here. It just doesn't cut it anymore with the modern games, especially the ones you mentioned. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core | Mainboard: ASUS X570-E Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB | GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI | SSD: Segate Firecuda 520 1TB | HDD: All in all 9TB of HDDs | Power: Corsair RM850I | Cooling: Custom Loop | Displays: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Case: Fractal Design Define S2 Vision Blackout | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit