TB3 for AMD

I recently bought an Asus ThunderboltEX3 PCIe expansion card not realising that TB3 isn't compatible with AMD.
I've been digging around online to find a fix but can't find anything that helps me specifically.
What I have found is Thunderbolt does infact, work with AMD, it is a coding error in which TB3 requires chipset validation and on AMD boards, PCIe lanes go directly into the CPU - this is where the issue is.
From here though, I have only found examples of reverse engineering and such that work on Threadripper, specifically the 1950x. I am not running this though, I have a 8350 Vishera Black CPU.

So I am in a pickle. I really want to get TB3 working on my current system if possible, or I will need to upgrade, but even then, my upgrade preference is a 2950x and I can't find a method that's tried and tested on that processor either and I also know pretty much nothing about coding.

Does anyone in here have any experience/success getting TB3 working on older AMD or newer Threadripper CPU's?

Highly unlikely, TB3 uses PCI-Express Gen 3 lanes, the FX series are only Gen 2.  As it was created by Intel they didnt really have any interest in supporting it on a AMD platform yet alone a platform from 2011

Okay, that makes perfect sense. So I am looking at upgrading all the same.
So at least I know I must upgrade either way.

So, as much as I would love to avoid Intel, I won't rule them out unless anyone else has experience with getting it working on Threadripper 2 :)