M.2 crashes computer?

VengfulKing666

I bought a m.2 for my computer I have a 500gb ssd as boot drive I was planning on cloning the drive to m.2 to make it my boot drive but while I have the m.2 installed my computer wont boot into windows I do also have a hhd as mass storage I've tried 

Plugged in windows 10 boot drive ,doesn't boot

Unplugged ssd and hhd only left m.2 ,doesn't boot 

Removed m.2 ,ssd,hhd leaving no storage but the windows 10 installer doesnt boot I have to unplug and reset everything or else it doesnt even boot into windows when I have original config of ssd boot and hhd mass am not sure what'ss going on help and advice would appreciated

M2 drive can disable SATA ports when installed.  Check your MOBO manual and it should tell you which ones.  After that move your SATA cables to the unaffected ports and see if you can clone the drive then.  If that doesn't solve your problem you could try using a USB drive to do a clean install of Windows on your M2.

6 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

M2 drive can disable SATA ports when installed.  Check your MOBO manual and it should tell you which ones.  After that move your SATA cables to the unaffected ports and see if you can clone the drive then.  If that doesn't solve your problem you could try using a USB drive to do a clean install of Windows on your M2.

I will check Manual but I had a windows installer usb and the m.2 Installed and that didn't work just gave me a black screen they didn't do nothing for so long that my monitor turn off when I did this I disconnected all sata from board just to see if I could get a new windows 10 install on m.2 didn't work thouhh

It could also be the M2 drive or port is bad.  Do you have move than one M2 ports on your board?  You could also try exchanging the M2, when you bought it and see if a new drive works.

Does the computer go black screen immediately or is the BIOS screen running OK?

13 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

It could also be the M2 drive or port is bad.  Do you have move than one M2 ports on your board?  You could also try exchanging the M2, when you bought it and see if a new drive works.

Does the computer go black screen immediately or is the BIOS screen running OK?

2 m.2 from amazon cause the first one did the same thing my board only has 1 m.2 slot (i think will dig more) and it doesn't give me an option to boot into bios it's just a black screen my computer does beep once which indicates their no issues so I think my computer is defaulting to the blank m.2 as boot device?

39 minutes ago, VengfulKing666 said:

2 m.2 from amazon cause the first one did the same thing my board only has 1 m.2 slot (i think will dig more) and it doesn't give me an option to boot into bios it's just a black screen my computer does beep once which indicates their no issues so I think my computer is defaulting to the blank m.2 as boot device?

It could be.  Try hitting delete as your computer turns on.  This should take you to the BIOS screen.  See if your BIOS is recognizing the drive and what your boot order is.