Cable sleeving

cnapier39428

This is my first time sleeving cables and I am about halfway done sleeving all my cables on my thermaltake PSU and I've decided if I don't decide to throw this thing in the garbage and buy a new one then I'm never doing it again..its not the sleeving that's the hard part its the face that I decided to shorten all my cables to fit my prodigy better and its quite the chore...

Did you just want to vent or are you looking for tips/tricks to make your life easier?

Can you hook like any orange to any orange and any black to any black on the 24 pin or does it have to be the specific one

Can you hook like any orange to any orange and any black to any black on the 24 pin or does it have to be the specific one

Many people have indeed moved around the same voltages in a PSU (orange to orange and such - make sure to check the pinout for the voltages dont just depend on the color of the wire)

But sometimes even when this is done properly it will not work. Just to clarify you can move the wires around as long as they are the same voltages but even if you do it correctly some PSU units dont like it.

Always make sure to write down the pinout on a peice of paper to make sure you have a copy of the pinout for yourself.

Also as long as you have a decent crimper and decent terminals shortening the wires should not be a hard job, however it will take some time.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me also feel free to check out my sleeving videos and FAQ linked in my sig.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Many people have indeed moved around the same voltages in a PSU (orange to orange and such - make sure to check the pinout for the voltages dont just depend on the color of the wire)

But sometimes even when this is done properly it will not work. Just to clarify you can move the wires around as long as they are the same voltages but even if you do it correctly some PSU units dont like it.

Always make sure to write down the pinout on a peice of paper to make sure you have a copy of the pinout for yourself.

Also as long as you have a decent crimper and decent terminals shortening the wires should not be a hard job, however it will take some time.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me also feel free to check out my sleeving videos and FAQ linked in my sig.

I didn't know you had a youtube channel I just seen a cable sleeving video of yours lol