Properly benchmarking GPUs

MaximumSid

Hey guys, so I wanted to benchmark some GPUs, I download FRAPS and FRAFS, and I benchmarked using FRAPS inbuilt benchmark, so here are a few questions

1. The figure after '1% frame time' is 1% LOW FRAME RATE, right? I know that its correct, but I just want to be 100% about this.

2. Why is the figure (1% and 0.1% low) a little different when run MSI Afterburner benchmark and FRAPS benchmark TOGETHER, and they have almost same number of frames analyzed? I mean I can understand that 0.1% low is very sensitive, but I think 1% low figure should be closer than a difference of 3-4 fps when both benchmarks show identical minimum and maximum frame rate

3. Very noob question, but why is 1% low FPS LOWER than MINIMUM FPS? As if I understand correctly, it's an average of lowest 1% of FPS, so shouldn't minimum be lower than this as it is the lowest FPS has ever dropped to?

4. Also, how to calculate the average temperature of the GPU? Using MSI after burner and logging the monitoring file? It shows the graph but how to calculate average temperature from that?

Thanks.

noob.jpg

Artificial benchmarks are completely worthless. Benchmark in the games you use, simple as that.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

2 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

Artificial benchmarks are completely worthless. Benchmark in the games you use, simple as that.

I am benchmarking in the games using FRAPS and MSI Afterburner, I have to make bar charts and stuff.