Monitor weird pixels HELP ASAP PLZ

Pi31415

My monitor seems to be having these “stuck” pixels and seems to Nebraska spreading by day. Does anyone know what this is and what to do? I’ve tried these things you’d have running on yor monitor to try and get them in stuck. I’m starting to think that’s not what it is.

image.jpg

Bump, sorry but I can't buy a new monitor and would like to know what this is

Looks to me like something has hit it and cracked the glass inside.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I don't know what it's doing, but is your monitor under warranty? How old is it, and what model is it?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

I don't know, but is your monitor under warranty? How old is it, and what model is it?

HP 2311X, No warranty got it for free from a old friend. Not sure about how old it is...

Hey man to me it seems like the monitor had some lasting damage and has recently started to "flare up" this could be and issues with a power delivery unit or color transmitter in side the panel but in shot if turning it on and off again doesn't work and you have reset the setting is the monitors own UI I think you are just going to have to go with it 

I see reviews for the HP 2311X it dating back to January 2011. Maybe it's just very old. Dunno if replacing the capacitors would help or not.

You might be able to fix it, but if not then a used better replacement can probably be bought through Craigslist for pretty cheap (I see some for $50 CAD and less), considering it's only a 23" monitor.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

13 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I see reviews for the HP 2311X it dating back to January 2011. Maybe it's just very old. Dunno if replacing the capacitors would help or not.

You might be able to fix it, but if not then a used better replacement can probably be bought through Craigslist for pretty cheap (I see some for $50 CAD and less), considering it's only a 23" monitor.

Can you link me up?

18 minutes ago, KenHasBones said:

Hey man to me it seems like the monitor had some lasting damage and has recently started to "flare up" this could be and issues with a power delivery unit or color transmitter in side the panel but in shot if turning it on and off again doesn't work and you have reset the setting is the monitors own UI I think you are just going to have to go with it 

Can you explain a bit more? I got a seizure trying to read that 

26 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Looks to me like something has hit it and cracked the glass inside.

Not that I know of unless my brother did some weird shit while I was at school

2 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

Can you link me up?

I probably don't live where you do, so the Craigslist for my area wouldn't be useful to you. Just go to your local Craigslist and search for "monitor 23" or "monitor 25" or whatever size you want to search for, and then search for it. Then click to sort the results so it lists the lowest priced ones first.

craigslist.org

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I probably don't live where you do, so the Craigslist for my area wouldn't be useful to you. Just go to your local Craigslist and search for "monitor 23" or "monitor 25" or whatever size you want to search for, and then search for it. Then click to sort the results so it lists the lowest priced ones first.

craigslist.org

Can you recommend me the cheapest 1080p 5ms monitor? if not its all cool and appreciate the info

2 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

Can you recommend me the cheapest 1080p 5ms monitor? if not its all cool and appreciate the info

I have no idea what the options are, sorry.