New Build Not Posting

i7-6969X

So I'm in the process of putting a build for a friend together and I'm stuck. The system won't output video through either the onboard graphics or the GPU. The motherboard has status lights for CPU, RAM, GPU and HDD. When I turn it on, the RAM light comes on briefly, then shuts off. The GPU light comes on next and stays on. The odd part is the sequence doesn't change when I remove the GPU. I've tried reseating the RAM, trying only one DIMM, switching slots, reseating the CPU, resetting CMOS, etc.. All PSU cables are firmly plugged in, and there are no other devices connected, just the RAM and CPU. All of the parts are brand new, just opened. 

To me it really seems like a faulty board, but I could be wrong, what do you guys think? 

Mobo: ASUS B360-i

CPU: Intel i5-9600k

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060

RAM: Trident Z 3200

The motherboard may be using an older bios that does not have support for 9th gen processors out of the box, so a bios update may be required to get it to boot with any 9th gen processor. If that motherboard does not have the asus bios flashback feature then unfortunately the only way to update the bios is to have an 8th gen processor to use to boot and download and install the new bios file. 

Main PC :

CPU = R9 3900X / Motherboard = Asus Crosshair 8 Hero / GPU = EVGA SC Ultra RTX 2060 / RAM = G.Skill 3600 16-19-19-39 ( 32GB / 4x8 ) / Cooling = Dark Rock Pro 4 / Storage = Western Digital Caviar Blue ( X4 ) Crucial 500GB NVME, 500GB 970 EVO/ PSU = Seasonic X-850 Modular / Case = Corsair Carbide 200R

Wireless = Asus PCE-AC56 / Keyboard & Mouse = Corsair K70 MX Blue, Logitech G203 / Headphones = Hyperx Cloud Alpha /

Just did a bit of digging, and it seems like that's likely the problem. Unfortunately this board doesn't have that function, the only way to update the BIOS is through the BIOS itself. Looks like I'm on the hunt for an 8th gen chip then. Thanks for the input!

Have you checked for USB BIOS Flashback support? Just looked it up and it lets you update w/o a CPU