Windows 10 file sharing

The Mythical Knights

I'm having an issue with Windows 10 and file sharing over a wireless network.

My desktop is wired to the same network my laptop is wirelessly connected to. I turned off the firewalls on the router and both computers temporarily and that didn't work. Network discovery is on on both computer. Both computers are sharing files on the network with each other as well as the other computers in the house. I can see other wired computers with the wired desktop. So this being the case the issue seems to be either the laptop or the router. I don't have a way to wire the laptop to the router to see if that changes anything. However, given the face I can see other wired Windows 10 computers on the wired desktop tells me the issue may be with the router. 

A very similar issue happened many years ago with an older router (obviously) between the computer I was using at the time, and my xbox 360 (I believe this was a DHCP scenario) when sharing music. At that time when I wired the xbox 360 to the network, there were no issues. Just when the xbox was wirelessly connected. I just remembered I also had connection issues between 2 xbox 360s when attempting to do system link. Wired worked, wireless did not (this was also with the old router, as well as a few years later with a newer router).

So all of this being said, this enforces the idea that wireless sharing has problems that I don't fully understand nor know how to fix.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be great!

Wireless Laptop:

IPv4 Address: 192.168.29.112
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Wired Desktop:

IPv4 Address: 192.168.29.203
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

\\192.168.29.112 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in. For example: blank passwords aren't allowed, sign-in times are limited, or a policy restriction has been enforced.

So just messing around a little this morning, I re-shared my laptop's desktop file and my desktop computer showed up on my laptop. I can now access my desktop shared files from my laptop.

In addition to that, I checked my desktop computer to see if my laptop's shared files showed up there...... AND THEY DID! Including the other shared files unrelated to the desktop file.

So the only thing I can thing of is something may have either glitched, or more likely an update to either computer caused the sharing to fail. Therefore when I re-shared the laptop's desktop file, it put everything the way it should be. Weird but IT WORKS!