Stuttering issue

Chris V

Hey guys,

so when I hook up my PC to my TV I get like a slight stutter every 3rd or 4th second when watching videos.

I know issues like these are common, so I researched on the internet. I tried everything that sounded plausible to me, but nothing resolved the issue. That includes playing around with all my TVs settings, and switching around resolution settings (and more) within the Nvidia Settings.

It is a smart TV so it doesnt matter too much, but I was thinking about going Hue Sync (since Im already a hue customer ^^) and that'd only work with a computer.

Maybe you guys can help me figure this out, or point me to the right direction in order to learn more and resolve it myself. I just cant sit back and forget about this since Im just frustrated having spent this much money and not being able to simply watch a video on my TV off of my PC. (like with the whole Hue Sync idea aside)

Now my GPU is a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G, my TV a LG 49SJ800V, which has a True Motion 200 ("real" 100Hz) panel, according to LG Service.

Obviously, when hooked up to my 27 inch Asus Monitor (75Hz 1440p) nothing stutters and also with an older 1680x1050 display I never had any issues or had to play around with settings.

This issue does not happen while gaming/general usage, but only when consuming video. It persists apparently independently from:

- which monitor is set as the main one

- having only my tv or the 27inch hooked up (or both)

- resolution (4k 60hz, 59 hz, 50 hz /// 1080p upscaled with a 120hz or 100hz)

- which port I use (TV, GTX only has 1 hdmi)

- hdr mode

- nvidia quality settings

- nvidia settings for chrome

- vsync

- energy settings

- my desire to stream worldcup soccer without throwing a tantrum haha

[(btw: my TV has no "PC mode" but it lets me turn off any setting like noise suppression / making it more fluid / vivid, which I tried; these effects indeed make movie watching very nice (set on a low lvl) but the stuttering issue still exists)]

In advance: Im very sorry if I missed out on something very obvious. I hope you guys can help me out, since wanting to watch stuff on my TV does not correspond correctly anymore with the amount of frustration Ive already had.

maybe this is a common Chrome issue? (which I just cant imagine)

maybe its like an anti aliasing or texture thing that the GPU does? have I overseen some obvious setting I should try and turn off/on?

Thanks alot for your time and greetings,

Chris!