Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Radiator Placement

Are there any cons to attaching an AIO radiator to where your exhaust is for your case rather than where the intake is? (planning upgrades)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly higher CPU temps, but I prefer it as exhaust because it usually screws over the GPU as an intake.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

depends on the style of GPU cooler you have, if you have a blower style card it doesn't really matter but if you have a open style GPU cooler (2/3fans for example) that will dumb the heat into the case and passes through the radiator.

 

with that said i'd recommend top mounted radiator as GPU's are more temp sensitive than CPU's.

if the CPU runs 10c higher it won't effect clock speeds but a GPU that runs 10c higher that will result in lower clocks.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-12700KF 5.1ghz/4.1Ghz - Asus GTX 1080TI Strix OC - Corsair vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, wildthing said:

depends on the style of GPU cooler you have, if you have a blower style card it doesn't really matter but if you have a open style GPU cooler (2/3fans for example) that will dumb the heat into the case and passes through the radiator.

 

with that said i'd recommend top mounted radiator as GPU's are more temp sensitive than CPU's.

if the CPU runs 10c higher it won't effect clock speeds but a GPU that runs 10c higher that will result in lower clocks.

thanks for the recomedation but in my case i only have the option of a double radiator in the front or a single radiator at the back. would it be better for a rear placed radiator to keep my gpu (which is open style) cooler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Niami said:

thanks for the recomedation but in my case i only have the option of a double radiator in the front or a single radiator at the back. would it be better for a rear placed radiator to keep my gpu (which is open style) cooler?

your GPU temps are going to be more than fine with a front mounted radiator.

also i would not recommend a single 120mm radiator for  CPU cooling it's just not worth it, go for the biggest aio you can fit and call it a day.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-12700KF 5.1ghz/4.1Ghz - Asus GTX 1080TI Strix OC - Corsair vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wildthing said:

your GPU temps are going to be more than fine with a front mounted radiator.

also i would not recommend a single 120mm radiator for  CPU cooling it's just not worth it, go for the biggest aio you can fit and call it a day.

Thanks! will remember this for my next upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use them as exhaust always. 

 

Inhave great case fans so my Cpu birnmy gpu will suffer. Also using blower cards a majority of the time helps that. 

 

The card should take priority anyway. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×