Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic + Dark Rock TF

flowzeph

Hi, I've posted this on reddit as well and was curious what people over here think.

I'm building a new gaming PC and am looking at the viability of the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic case for air cooling.

Here's the current build (still subject to revision):

CPU: i5 9600k

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16gb

Storage: Samsung EVO 860 250GB

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce 8GB

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2

I will be planning on reasonably overclocking this setup, although I'm not looking to push it to its absolute limit.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3285-lian-li-o11-dynamic-review-benchmark-der8auer-case-design

After reading/watching this review on the case, I'm very interested in following through with it but I do have a few queries regarding airflow, especially since the Dark Rock TF is a top-down, low-profile cooler.

I'm looking to install 3 side intake fans (same setup as GamersNexus) but I'm concerned how a top flow cooler would affect the airflow inside the case. That is, if the 3 fans + the Dark Rock TF would be adequate for the build (in theory of course) or if I require a different setup of fans due to the cooler being top-down.

Here's the GamersNexus setup: https://www.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2018/cases/o11-dynamic/lian-li-o11-dynamic-1.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Temps aren't going to be that different. You are using really small cooler in case mainly made for custom water cooling. The placement isn't the best for just CPU, but your GPU will be happy. Think about adding one or two exhaust fans. In GN's system there aren't any as tower cooler pushes air towards rear exhaust vents. Your cooler will push air towards motherboard and air just stays inside the case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv