Home server from old hardware

From upgrading I have almost a full computer system, amdfx 8320, 16 gb ram, on an MSI something or another mobo. Basically in order to complete the system I need a case,  storage and a new cpu cooler. The board itself says it can handle up to 32 gb of ram.
 I had an idea of turning it into a home server for media. Movies, music, "important" documents, and maybe a place to save so video recordings if I ever decide to stream consistently. But after the past month or so I decided I'd also like it to be capable of hosing game servers for a handful of people, roughly 6-8 people tops. I'm looking at games along modded minecraft standards, open world do whatever type of games. I mention Mine craft specifically cause my nephew enjoys the game and I think it'd be cool to basically give him his own server for him and his friends to play on.. more than likely me as well. So my thing is,Would 16 gb be enough ram, will the FX-8320 be up for the task, and should I invest in a SSD or should a HDD cover it.
 Other games I might try to host are maybe ARMA 3 server, space engineers, ARK, Conan, or honestly anything that I might enjoy playing with my friends. Only one server would be running at a time, and more than likely I'd be running some version of Linux. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

turning an old pc to a home server / NAS is interesting if you don't have a problem with power bills and heat as they will turn on most of the time.

if you can build a system with very low power consumption, i think its great.

but for a FX 8320 its overkill, that system draws too much power. It is 200-300 watt on average. And can turn you house into sauna.

Thats why people used NAS enclosure with ARM CPU that only draws 10-15 watt.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8320 is a bit of a power hog in the cpu world but its not super crazy if you have it. My nas box runs an 1100t which is same tdp lol. Undervolt its all good. can it handle a load? you bet. YMMV.