Looking for earbuds for my android phone

notenoughtv

Earlier this year I made the switch from iOS to android. I have some Seinheiser earbuds that have in-line control for the iPhone. The problem is that these don't work with android (play and pause works sometimes) I would like some new earbuds that work with my phone, it's too annoying to have to take the phone out of my pocket every time I want to change the volume.

There's not a fixed budget but hopefully under US$80

i have the Klipsch S4a. the control isnt very good. it only has one button that works as play/pause and to pick up or hang up phone calls. the sound quality is superb though.

You have to find ones that buttons operate on the same ohms as your phone , If you tell what your phone model number is I can help you.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

You have to find ones that buttons operate on the same ohms as your phone , If you tell what your phone model number is I can help you.
What?

No, seriously.

Just look for earbuds with in-line controls for Android

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

What? This is essentially irrelevant. For under $80, I strongly suggest the Klipsch Reference S4i's.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The way it works is "shorting out" the ground and mic on of the headphones at a certain ohms for play, forward/backwards song (there's a different ohm resistor for each button thats how microphone and all the buttons work through one connection. It's Called a multiplexer). IPhones work at a different ohms than an android phone does.

You can try these apps : "RemoteControl for Earphones" and "Headset Button ControllerTrial". They're supposed to give you the help you use iPhone earbuds' controls on Android Devices.

http://david.carne.ca/shuffle_hax/shuffle_remote.html

Ultrasonic signals and timed ACKs abound. What fun! But like just posted below, this is a signal interpretation issue on the phone's end.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

You can try these apps : "RemoteControl for Earphones" and "Headset Button ControllerTrial". They're supposed to give you the help you use iPhone earbuds' controls on Android Devices.
I'll check that out

You have to find ones that buttons operate on the same ohms as your phone ' date=' If you tell what your phone model number is I can help you.[/quote']

I have the Galaxy Note 2

It's called 'impedance', ohms are a unit of measurement.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Not what I was talking about Lyons check out h264's link thats exactly what it is. I built a led display will only 10 pins powering 50 leds individually operable it's the same concept thats how TV,Phone, Internet go through one cable.

Sigh... -.-

I know what you mean but to know what I mean you have to have a little background knowledge of circuitry. I was just saying how it works through 1 pin using multiplexing and that iphone uses a different standard that most other phones.Thats why the headphones don't control the phone. Also Ohms for headphones and circuitry are the same sorta; both electronic but work in the same and different ways. You can do some weird things with resistors and some creative wiring. (http://hackaday.com/?s=troll+physics)