Chrome processes running in background

Chrome is not opened, Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed-OFF.

But still in task manager, there are 5-6 processes with different memory and CPU usages which impact my FPS in games. Also yesterday I got a notification from Avast, that a connection to some trojan miners was closed but Chrome wasnt opened. Makes me switch to Microsoft Edge but Il rather fix chrome than use Edge.

Anyone knows how to stop Chrome from running while closed? Thanks.

If youve gotten a warning from trojan miners. Perhaps do a scan in Avast, Windows defender and dowload Malwarebytes and do a scan there aswell?

21 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

If youve gotten a warning from trojan miners. Perhaps do a scan in Avast, Windows defender and dowload Malwarebytes and do a scan there aswell?

Avast says its all safe, after that notification that the connection was blocked. I just want to totally forbid chrome running in background if the main process is not active.

I just noticed that these processes are active on startup, but there arent any signs of them in th task manager>startup processes.

54 minutes ago, galaxyrooter said:

Avast says its all safe, after that notification that the connection was blocked. I just want to totally forbid chrome running in background if the main process is not active.

I just noticed that these processes are active on startup, but there arent any signs of them in th task manager>startup processes.

Check using Malwarebytes. Avast is antivirus and not specifically anti-malware. While the difference is small id highly suggest checking for it. 

How much resources is chrome using?

On 12/31/2018 at 11:45 AM, GoldenLag said:

Check using Malwarebytes. Avast is antivirus and not specifically anti-malware. While the difference is small id highly suggest checking for it. 

How much resources is chrome using?

It has 5-6 processes I believe, each of them have different resouces, 

First process: 16MB Ram

Second: 8MB Ram

the rest are varying from 0.1 to 0.9 I think

Cpu usage is around 5-10% on the First process, the rest are around 0-1%

BTW I got it last night again, and I took the screenshot 

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, galaxyrooter said:

It has 5-6 processes I believe, each of them have different resouces, 

First process: 16MB Ram

Second: 8MB Ram

the rest are varying from 0.1 to 0.9 I think

Cpu usage is around 5-10% on the First process, the rest are around 0-1%

BTW I got it last night again, and I took the screenshot 

Untitled.png

So to all intents and purposes its almost nothing.

The 10% CPU usage however is something else. Also Run Malwarebytes and windows defender. Ive said this before. How much does it impact your framerate?

23 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

So to all intents and purposes its almost nothing.

The 10% CPU usage however is something else. Also Run Malwarebytes and windows defender. Ive said this before. How much does it impact your framerate?

Not sure but I think that I get more dips from 60 to 57-58 than when I close those processes

1 hour ago, galaxyrooter said:

Not sure but I think that I get more dips from 60 to 57-58 than when I close those processes

something tells me you are running with Vsync on. 

On 1/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, GoldenLag said:

Also Run Malwarebytes and windows defender.

also, have you done this step? this will be the third time im mentioning this

22 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

something tells me you are running with Vsync on. 

also, have you done this step? this will be the third time im mentioning this

Yes I do always use V sync because I like stable 60 rather than drops from 120 to 60-70

Malwarebytes found this:

Untitled11.png

Just now, galaxyrooter said:

Yes I do always use V sync because I like stable 60 rather than drops from 120 to 60-70

Malwarebytes found this:

Untitled11.png

say hello to your issue. just remove them. restart windows, wait 10 min and then do another scan. just to see if it installs itself again

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

say hello to your issue. just remove them. restart windows, wait 10 min and then do another scan. just to see if it installs itself again

Thanks for your help, will do that rn.

Just now, galaxyrooter said:

Thanks for your help, will do that rn.

just or future reference.

Malwarebytes: this is anti-malware software, different from  anti-virus in that it offers more general protection

Avast: Anti-virus, different from anti-malware and offers protection against more specific threats. 

they are quite similar and overlap quite a bit. i recommend having one of each, personally i run windows defender with Malwarebytes

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

just or future reference.

Malwarebytes: this is anti-malware software, different from  anti-virus in that it offers more general protection

Avast: Anti-virus, different from anti-malware and offers protection against more specific threats. 

they are quite similar and overlap quite a bit. i recommend having one of each, personally i run windows defender with Malwarebytes

Yeah, I just did what you said in the previous post, deleted the trojan, rebooted, scanned after 10 mins and got 0 threats.

1 minute ago, galaxyrooter said:

Yeah, I just did what you said in the previous post, deleted the trojan, rebooted, scanned after 10 mins and got 0 threats.

Do a scan tomorrow to be on the safe side. Some trojans can be sneaky, but i think you have premium Malwarebytes for a couple of days upon install. That should cover you