Ignite 2000 watt max

JammyCreedog

Hi all, I am in the market for a mono amplifier.  I saw a youtube video about the Ignite 4000 watt max Class D amp, and it seemed to be a pretty solid performer when you disregard the stupid advertising name. So I looked it up on amazon and it's right there for $83, cool.  Down at the bottom of the page, i saw an item called the Ignite 2000 watts max Class D for $63. It has zero reviews and I can't find it for sale or even any info about it anywhere else on the net.

I have a single 12" sub and it really doesn't need all the rms power of the "4000 watt" amp. Can you guys give me your opinion on whether the "2000 watt" unit would have a similar build quality to it's bigger brother?

Edit: and now I just saw theres one on ebay for $87.

Should I pull the trigger on Amazon and take the risk of being the first?

19 hours ago, JammyCreedog said:

Hi all, I am in the market for a mono amplifier.  I saw a youtube video about the Ignite 4000 watt max Class D amp, and it seemed to be a pretty solid performer when you disregard the stupid advertising name. So I looked it up on amazon and it's right there for $83, cool.  Down at the bottom of the page, i saw an item called the Ignite 2000 watts max Class D for $63. It has zero reviews and I can't find it for sale or even any info about it anywhere else on the net.

I have a single 12" sub and it really doesn't need all the rms power of the "4000 watt" amp. Can you guys give me your opinion on whether the "2000 watt" unit would have a similar build quality to it's bigger brother?

Edit: and now I just saw theres one on ebay for $87.

Should I pull the trigger on Amazon and take the risk of being the first?

2000 watt amp for 83 dollars.. erm.. sounds.. dodgy. looks semi-well made but i wouldnt take it to its full rating..

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

33 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

2000 watt amp for 83 dollars.. erm.. sounds.. dodgy. looks semi-well made but i wouldnt take it to its full rating..

No the "4000 watt" version is $83 and has a review up on youtube here it is.  The "2000 watt" version is only $63. Looking at the RMS ratings between the 2 models, it appears to be exactly half power.

I did purchase the Ignite 2000 from amazon, it'll be at my door by tomorrow night, gotta love prime shipping. I'll let you guys know how it looks.

I will be running it on a subwoofer with a 3 ohm draw (I know its odd, but that's what my multi-meter reads), so I think I can expect around 225 watts RMS.

It's not really 2000w. It's only like 300w into 4 ohm...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

15 minutes ago, spwath said:

It's not really 2000w. It's only like 300w into 4 ohm...

I'm not even expecting that much power out of it. So far as I can tell it is the CHEAPEST class D monoblock amp that is stable down to 1 ohm.  Most ppl rate the max power an amp can pump out as the fuse amperes times 10.  That indicates to me that if I got a new 1 ohm sub, I could expect maybe 400 watts. Still better than BOSS products, they struggle to get out of the 100's.

Well, that didn't last long, I'm sending it back to amazon tomorrow.

I wired it all up correctly, turn on the radio, nothing. Took a multimeter to all the wires, everything is powered and signaled correctly, fuses are broke, not burnt, broken. Okay so I replace the fuses with the included spares, turn on the radio, nothing. Burnt the new fuses instantly.

The main body may be aluminum, but the end pieces you have to screw through to mount the amp are brittle plastic. While screwing the amp down, it got a big spider crack down the base of the end cap.

To sum up, I never got a signal out from it. Safe to say I learned a quick lesson about the quality on sub $100 amps.