First build help! -win10

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
2 minutes ago, Nikootheseventh said:

ok thanks, do you know the easiest way or cheapest way to get a license key?

Grey market is the cheapest, Kinguin, G2A etc but also the riskiest as you never know if the key is legitimate or not.

From MS or anywhere selling it officially it's around £100 for a key.

I need help, what is the best way to get windows 10 onto a new pc and what is the cheapest way?. btw I don't have a cd drive.

Do you need a license key?

Either way you'll need a working pc or laptop and an 8gb (or bigger) flash drive. Download the Microsoft Media Creation tool, insert your flash drive, run the tool, select Windows 10, select your flash drive and wait for it to do it's thing.

When it's finished boot your computer from the flash drive and follow setup as normal.

You can install it without a key by choosing "I don't have a key" when prompted then add the key after you buy it to activate.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Do you need a license key?

Either way you'll need a working pc or laptop and an 8gb (or bigger) flash drive. Download the Microsoft Media Creation tool, insert your flash drive, run the tool, select Windows 10, select your flash drive and wait for it to do it's thing.

When it's finished boot your computer from the flash drive and follow setup as normal.

what are license keys good for? why would i need one?

what are license keys good for? why would i need one?

They key is proof you own the software, without it many things will stop working after 30 days.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

They key is proof you own the software, without it many things will stop working after 30 days.

Grey market is the cheapest, Kinguin, G2A etc but also the riskiest as you never know if the key is legitimate or not.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

thx appreciate the help