Upgrade worth it?

Mentos

Hey, I´m currently running a i5 8600K with a Pure Rock Slim, and my question is: Would it be worth upgrading to a dark rock tf? If so, how much degrees of a drop should I expect?

Worth is subjective. 

Also, is your case air restrictive? Sometimes it's better to get a different case rather than a different cooling system. 

1 minute ago, DVA said:

Worth is subjective. 

Also, is your case air restrictive? Sometimes it's better to get a different case rather than a different cooling system. 

Photios 250, one fan 

9 minutes ago, Mentos said:

Photios 250, one fan 

Have you tried running and checking your temps with one of the panels off? If you have significantly lower temps than I would say your case is restricting airflow. 

Heck it might even be your cooler and case. I bought my brother a new case and air cooler and his temps went from 100C, yeah you read that right, to a nice cool 32c idle and 49 under heavy use. 

Just now, DVA said:

Have you tried running and checking your temps with one of the panels off? If you have significantly lower temps than I would say your case is restricting airflow. 

Heck it might even be your cooler and case. I bought my brother a new case and air cooler and his temps went from 100C, yeah you read that right, do a nice cool 32c idle and 49 under heavy use. 

Time to do some prime95 testing! Thanks for that, never thought of it. I´ll update this in like 1 hour

I´ve been running prime95 with both (No tempered glass and with tempered glass) and i´ve noticed that core 5 and 6 are always stopping right at the start

Any idea why?