PC Build for First Timer - Need Help!

Hey LTT Forums!

This is my first time posting here and I am hoping that some of you would be able to give me advice on my first PC that I am planning to build myself. This is the first time I have ever tried something like this, but I am also wanting something high end, and that will last for years to come without having to upgrade too much.

Here is my build so far on PCpartpicker - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Kd3kd

I know some of the components may be a bit overkill as I will only be gaming on it and or doing coding projects. (3D rendering and video rendering projects on the side). But I was mostly concerned with not getting the hardware that would last for the next 4 or 5 years. Also, I have had a couple gaming laptops in the past and both had problems with cooling, so much that one of them had the lithium ion battery expand to the point of bending the keyboard. So, Temperatures are also important to me which is why I went with the Fractal Meshify C case and the corsair liquid cooling. 

This is my first build and I really would like it to be something that I will enjoy putting together and not hate. If you have any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, also my budget is below 3000$ if that changes anything. 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

-Thomas

I see no issues with that build, unless you want to swap out components to save money.

Unless you're going for esports titles, I'd say you could probably switch out the monitor for an IPS panel. I have a vg248QE, and its quick and I like it for CS but its pretty garbage for any kind of immersive game because it is a TN panel so dark areas look like ass.

TN has the advantage of 1ms gtg, I think IPS panels are down to 4-5ms GTG with 144+Hz as well.

1 minute ago, Tomf00lery said:

@Fyfey96  

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tomf00lery/saved/gdXzYJ

Try this link instead! Sorry, first time using this site as well so hopefully this link works.

Okay, Thanks.

The H115i will not fit in the meshify C. The Case only supports a 280mm rad at the front and when in the front your GPU will not fit in. I went with a 240mm in the top.

Thank you! @Labeled

I think I will stick with this monitor for now as I do play lots of esports titles.

Replace the G3 with a G2 or RMx or RMi, and I see no other issues 

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

@Fyfey96

So would switching to the Corsair H100i liquid cooling work if I put it at the top? Also, the case that I had picked out before this was the NZXT H500i, would the overall build be better with the same 280mm radiator in that case? Or would the smaller 240mm radiator in the Fractal Meshify C at the top be better? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks.

Oh wow that case is a lot more shallow than I thought, that's interesting.

I have a Masterbox 5 and I have a 360 rad in the front with a pump reservoir behind that and can still fit a 2080ti with enough clearance for none of that to be an issue. and its a mid-tower so I thought this was around the same size. good catch.

If anything, you could always get a slightly larger case.

@Fyfey96

So would switching to the Corsair H100i liquid cooling work if I put it at the top? Also, the case that I had picked out before this was the NZXT H500i, would the overall build be better with the same 280mm radiator in that case? Or would the smaller 240mm radiator in the Fractal Meshify C at the top be better? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks.

cooling wise you'll be just fine with a 240 rad, its really down to your own personal preference, its a pc you'll have to live with use and look at so make your choice based on that.

Are there any other mid-towers that you guys could recommend that would give great airflow all while being slightly bigger? @Labeled @Fyfey96

Sorry! @NunoLava1998

I dont fully understand you, what do you mean by replace the G3?

I mean the power supply. You chose a EVGA Supernova G3, which isn't really high quality.

amd build

intel build

you can add a 1440p in your budget

2 minutes ago, Tomf00lery said:

@Fyfey96

Yea, I have the H100i V2 in top with no issues. As far as performance goes it won't impact too much. You could go for a larger case just wanted to point that out as i nearly got caught out lol

PCpartpicker says a G2 will exceed the length of the Fractal case. @NunoLava1998

Get a RMx or RMi then