Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gaming/Working Laptop

Good evening/morning/day,
I'm in search for a new laptop and i get in some confusion with brands of game laptops.

I'm searching laptop for a gaming, game dev(planing Unity (not VR), coding(C# maybe more), and video/image rendering  (for my wife, becouse she is will make some animation with It and draw some images) In the best result i would want that new laptop will live about 3-5 years. At this moment im living in Cyprus but have some friends in Lithuania (for delivery option).So if it will be ordered from country not in EU it will have 20-30% taxes extra. My budget about 1200-1700 euro can be extend a little more. I pointed some aspects that to me important :

1. From what i had searched it good to have 100-144hz monitor with G-sync tech (becouse without it it will not have point in hight fps with simple 60hz display)  G-Sync info
  2. Preferable to be CPU i-7 gen 8
  3. GPU it must be dedicated (by research MAX-Q technology less give performance than simple dedicadet card) i hope in range of NVIDIA GF GTX 1060/1070/1080
  4. It can contain SSD/SSHD/HDD any size and type ,but with option to later upgrade to 1 SSD and 1HDD or SSHD.
  5. It can contain memmory between 8 to 32GB with option to upgrade later to 32GB
  6. Display screen 15' to 17' (17' will be good surprise, but not important)
  7. Last but not less important thing, it must to have verry good cooling solution (I'm planing alot to work with it and play so overheat is not a option)

In conclusion to me is not matter size and weight. It will be a like main working station at home. I hope you can give suggestion of some laptop with short overview why.

PS. I'm planning to buy it in 2-3 month. Sorry for some mistakes, english is my foreign language.

Thank you for suggestions.

Any links of online stores? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours? Do you need Quadro GPU?

4 hours ago, Tom Andeson said:

i get in some confusion with brands of game laptops

Choose model not brand

4 hours ago, Tom Andeson said:

G-sync tech

This is optional. Tearing will be less in high refresh rate panels so GSYNC isn't a must. Also, you get Optimus for better battery life if without GSYNC

5 hours ago, Tom Andeson said:

MAX-Q technology less give performance

Yes but you'll need it in some cases, eg thin and lights

5 hours ago, Tom Andeson said:

verry good cooling solution

Then thin and lights aren't good options

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

On 12/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours? Do you need Quadro GPU?

In cyprus doesn't have a good online shops, this what I find only: 

Spoiler

stephanis 

Bestbuycyprus

Public (Greece lang/ no eng)

This is list of e-shop in other country :

Spoiler

In addition, ebay and amazon shops with delivery from EU to EU.

About preferred weight and battery life, it doesn't matter. It will be used only at home always plugged in a socket. About GPU it will be good GTX 1060/1070/1080 and not Max-Q because to me is no mater about thin and light laptop, it will be always at home in one place.

About choosing models, mostly what is getting for my requirements is Helios 500.

Does somebody can offer something different?

Edited by Tom Andeson
miss click

Sorry but would it be better if you can list out other options with 8750H+1060/1070 that are in your budget bcoz I found nothing

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold