Trying to install Windows 8.1 on a PC that's running Ubuntu.

Yeah im trying to install Windows 8.1 on a PC that already has Ubuntu on it (Old pc from a friend of mine. I have an 8.1 code left). I just downloaded the iso file do i still have to make a bootable usbstick or what do i have to do now?

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

uninstall ubuntu or wipe HDD then install Windows 8

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

uninstall ubuntu or wipe HDD then install Windows 8

Yeah but what im trying to do is to install Windows 8.1 without using a USB Drive since i forgot to bring one.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Yeah but what im trying to do is to install Windows 8.1 without using a USB Drive since i forgot to bring one.

I'm pretty sure you need either a USB drive or a DVD.

I'm pretty sure you need either a USB drive or a DVD.

Idiot me.

Is your HDD partitioned? That way you can install another OS on the other partition. 

Idiot me.

or if u have a second hard drive u can use that and make it bootable. it will wipe everything on the drive though

Yeah im trying to install Windows 8.1 on a PC that already has Ubuntu on it (Old pc from a friend of mine. I have an 8.1 code left). I just downloaded the iso file do i still have to make a bootable usbstick or what do i have to do now?

can't you find some sort of daemon tools for ubuntu and mount the image?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

can't you find some sort of daemon tools for ubuntu and mount the image?

Would be usefull since you can't write on a partition used by the active system.

There's no magic, Op will need a Dvd or Usb key, or try a netinstall if his bios is compatible, but i'm not sure windows is :/