motherboad/AIO T/S

Tim613

so i just intalled my new MSI X299 Creation MB in my pc and im having some wierd issue with my EVGA 280 AIO. When my pc is just idling the colors on the light up evga logo go on and off while the unplug and plug usb noise goes on. Ive tried changing different usb 2.0 location but that dosent seem to be the problem becuase when i run the intel extreme utility and run the benchmark test for the cpu the waterpump gets power lights up and the issue is resolved. Ive never seen anything like it so im wondering if anyone has any idea what the issue could be. ive already cleared the cmos with no results and overclocking is the same thing. Also was not an issue with my previous motherboard.

2 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

motherboard

What power settings are you using within Windows? Is everything set to "full power scotty!" all the time, 24/7? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What power settings are you using within Windows? Is everything set to "full power scotty!" all the time, 24/7? 

its on balanced but i only get balanced or power saver

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

i found the high performance but its still the same issue

13 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

i found the high performance but its still the same issue

Ok, do this: Open up the device manager, see if there is anything with a question mark (or similar) next to anything. If there is, fix that. If there isn't, watch to see if anything changes while you get the "usb connected/disconnected" sound

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, do this: Open up the device manager, see if there is anything with a question mark (or similar) next to anything. If there is, fix that. If there isn't, watch to see if anything changes while you get the "usb connected/disconnected" sound

ok so i finally found whats going off and on, under the Universal serial bus controllers theres one that listed as CCVI and manufacturer is Asetek so looks like the pump.

Just now, Tim613 said:

ok so i finally found whats going off and on, under the Universal serial bus controllers theres one that listed as CCVI and manufacturer is Asetek so looks like the pump.

Ok, so either the driver isn't fully installed right, or the pump is possible defective (or doesn't like your board)

Start with a driver update, if it exists, report back

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so either the driver isn't fully installed right, or the pump is possible defective (or doesn't like your board)

Start with a driver update, if it exists, report back

says driver is up to date. version 0.1.0.0 6/25/2012

looks i found the issue. In the Bios the pump was set to auto so i changed it to PWM and now looks to be working fine now

2 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

looks i found the issue. In the Bios the pump was set to auto so i changed it to PWM and now looks to be working fine now

Excellent!

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Excellent!

thanks for the help though!