Computer/Gaming Setup Upgrade Suggestions

Elia
Go to solution Solved by shadydeath999,

I'd rather go with Option C, but D is better in my opinion since you can get a new notebook after getting your custom PC (if you still have the budget)

Specs: (Lenovo Z580 notebook)

i7 3612qm (3 for 3rd gen)

6 gb ddr3 1600mhz

gtx 630m 2 GB

samsung 840 evo 250 gb (I've got my games on a 750 gb external drive)

1366x768 screen incase your wondering. 

I use that with the M65 mouse from Corsair and Sennheiser's HD439.

Game Library (PC): 

-Simcity 2013

-Humble Origin Bundle (all of the games)

-Humbe Warner Bros Bundle (all of the games)

Tablet: iPad mini 1st gen

I've gone into gaming purely for motion gaming (kinect) but then I developed other interests:

Xbox 360 Slim 250gb with kinect

Samsung 32 inch 6200 TV (3d, LED, 1080p)

Samsung 5.1 surround sound

Game Library (Xbox 360):

-COD: BO2

-COD: MW2

-Homefront

-Halo CEA

-Halo 3: ODST

-Halo Reach

-Halo 4

-GTA V

-Crackdown 2

-Kinect Sports S2

-Dance Central 2

-Kinect Adventures

-Devil May Cry 4

-Borderlands 2

-AC2

-Minecraft

-Dead Rising 2

-Shoot many robots

-NFS: Hot Pursuit

Now, I didn't post the above to brag (frankly I don't think it's that impressive considering I'm on a PC forum) but to give you an idea of my current setup for both gaming and general computing. I noticed many people asking for advice don't make their setups and specs clear in the beginning.

This may seem like a first world problem but my birthday is coming up in May, and I've saved up some money in addition to what my parents may give me. I'm thinking about upgrading something. Now that next gen console have come out, I feel that I'm outdated and maybe this is my final push into PC gaming. But, I'm not sure what should I do. Here's a bunch of options: 

Option A: Stick with what I have and wait.

Option B: Get a next-gen console

Option C: Get a gaming pc (including KB and monitor) with a budget of 800$.

Option D: Sell Notebook and get a gaming pc (including KB and monitor) 1300$

Option E: Other

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance !

Extra info:

-I'm 15 and a half.

-I have experience in building PCs. Don't worry.

-As you can already tell, I'm mainly an FPS gamer.

-I watch Linus's videos and have knowledge about PCs.

-Having great audio means a great deal for me.

If portability is not an issue, I would go with Option D. With that money you can buy a great gaming PC to run just about every game. Plus as you get more money you can upgrade your desktop parts. You can't really do that with a laptop. But again if you like bringing your notebook places with you then go for Option C.

Hope that helps!

D of course. 

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

Give it the D!

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Specs: (Lenovo Z580 notebook)

i7 3612qm (3 for 3rd gen)

6 gb ddr3 1600mhz

gtx 630m 2 GB

samsung 840 evo 250 gb (I've got my games on a 750 gb external drive)

1366x768 screen incase your wondering. 

I use that with the M65 mouse from Corsair and Sennheiser's HD439.

Game Library (PC): 

-Simcity 2013

-Humble Origin Bundle (all of the games)

-Humbe Warner Bros Bundle (all of the games)

Tablet: iPad mini 1st gen

I've gone into gaming purely for motion gaming (kinect) but then I developed other interests:

Xbox 360 Slim 250gb with kinect

Samsung 32 inch 6200 TV (3d, LED, 1080p)

Samsung 5.1 surround sound

Game Library (Xbox 360):

-COD: BO2

-COD: MW2

-Homefront

-Halo CEA

-Halo 3: ODST

-Halo Reach

-Halo 4

-GTA V

-Crackdown 2

-Kinect Sports S2

-Dance Central 2

-Kinect Adventures

-Devil May Cry 4

-Borderlands 2

-AC2

-Minecraft

-Dead Rising 2

-Shoot many robots

-NFS: Hot Pursuit

Now, I didn't post the above to brag (frankly I don't think it's that impressive considering I'm on a PC forum) but to give you an idea of my current setup for both gaming and general computing. I noticed many people asking for advice don't make their setups and specs clear in the beginning.

This may seem like a first world problem but my birthday is coming up in May, and I've saved up some money in addition to what my parents may give me. I'm thinking about upgrading something. Now that next gen console have come out, I feel that I'm outdated and maybe this is my final push into PC gaming. But, I'm not sure what should I do. Here's a bunch of options: 

Option A: Stick with what I have and wait.

Option B: Get a next-gen console

Option C: Get a gaming pc (including KB and monitor) with a budget of 800$.

Option D: Sell Notebook and get a gaming pc (including KB and monitor) 1300$

Option E: Other

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance !

Extra info:

-I'm 15 and a half.

-I have experience in building PCs. Don't worry.

-As you can already tell, I'm mainly an FPS gamer.

-I watch Linus's videos and have knowledge about PCs.

-Having great audio means a great deal for me.

Option D.

I'd go with D or just keep using your Laptop.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I'd say C simply because I'm 15 and i know I have had to use my laptop for school sometimes and you can't exactly take a PC to school

I'd rather go with Option C, but D is better in my opinion since you can get a new notebook after getting your custom PC (if you still have the budget)

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

That laptop isn't that bad if you are willing to cheap out on graphical side. So maybe go with C and get real monitor and keyboard first. Those two will be good for awhile anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv