Concerns regarding the Ryzen 2200G

Hi all,

I am going to upgrade the home desktop after 10 long years, and I have selected the Ryzen 3 2200G after some research. I plan on pairing it with 8 GB of 3200 RAM. However, I still have some concerns regarding the build-

1. Is it actually decent for games like GTA V, PUBG, BF1, etc, without a graphics card? (My expectations are 720p, 60 FPS Low settings will do)

2. How does it perform on other "normal" computer tasks, like web browsing with multiple tabs open, multiple PPTs, etc (no fancy stuff like video editing, just YouTube and MS Office)

3. How feasible is it if I decide to add a graphics card down the line? What graphics card would be recommended in such a case?

4. Not quite related to the processor, but is an SSD worth it?

Thanks for any help!

It might struggle in BF1, as that is a pretty CPU-bound game.

PUBG and GTA V should be fine. I would recommend getting 16GB though, as the iGPU will take up system RAM which can impede on your multitasking ability while gaming, and gaming as a whole.

Adding a GPU is pretty feasible, you could go up to an RX 580 or 1060 6G without a problem on that CPU.

Depends on your budget. If you're on a tighter budget, I would recommend getting a 1TB HDD over basically any SSD. If you've got money to spend, I'd get a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It might struggle in BF1, as that is a pretty CPU-bound game.

PUBG and GTA V should be fine. I would recommend getting 16GB though, as the iGPU will take up system RAM which can impede on your multitasking ability while gaming, and gaming as a whole.

Adding a GPU is pretty feasible, you could go up to an RX 580 or 1060 6G without a problem on that CPU.

Depends on your budget. If you're on a tighter budget, I would recommend getting a 1TB HDD over basically any SSD. If you've got money to spend, I'd get a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.

Thanks for the reply!

As a side note, is the price difference between the 2200G and the 2400G worth it for the following tasks?

Just now, TheKingslayer19 said:

Thanks for the reply!

As a side note, is the price difference between the 2200G and the 2400G worth it for the following tasks?

Yes, 2400G has more cores and a better iGPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yes, 2400G has more cores and a better iGPU.

Alright, thanks! I guess I will have to rework my plan a bit and shell out a little extra for the 2400G