Help please! USB over current detected!

I have been frustraightedly trying to fix this issue on a pc I'm planning on giving away.

I haven't powered it on for about a week since I was busy, and today I reapplied thermal paste to the cpu and cooler cause I had been meaning to get to it for about 4 months. With all that sorted I tried to boot and it said "usb over current detected. System shutting down in 15 seconds", which threw me off, but I just googled it and followed every step I could find.

Removed all usb devices. Nope.

Unplug front usb from board. Nope.

Unplug all usb based things from the board. Nothing.

I can't access the bios because the keyboard isn't detected, or when it is, before I have time to try open bios, mashing del from the start to get in, I get the message and shutdown.

As a precaution I have another board on the way, but is there any way to salvage this one? Almost certain it is the mobo at this point.

Try pulling the motherboard and seeing is a screw or something got behind it. Closely check all contact pionts and connections. Even check stand offs to make sure one unused for mb mounting is not in there maybe it rubbed through the pcb protective layer? Just little things to check.