Custom Sleeving Project - HELP :(

Alex

Hi guys, I have just started a Custom sleeving project and think ive bit off a little bit more than i can chew. 

I have all the tools and everything, I can make the cables not an issue. Im just a bit lost of the pin layouts and have drastically underestimated its complexity.

Does anyone know the Pin layout for,

Corsair HX Series HX750 750 W 80 Plus Platinum

And are all the corsair power supply the same layout. 

is it going to be as simple as Pin 1 goes to Pin 7 etc with a few that i need to split?

Also i stripped back the 8 pin CPU cable and found what looks like a capacitor connected to two cables. Whats this use and do i need to replicate this?

Thanks for any help that you guys offer.

Alex

P.s. will upload build logs of the project.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:41 PM, Alex said:

-SNIP-

I wans't able to find a pinout diagram so you will need to trace the wires and probe the PSU to determine each connection, not all PSU's are the same. For the wires it depends on the PSU some will have two wires going into a single connection doe sense lines. As for the capacitor ideally it's best to keep them in place but many sleeved replacement cables do leave them out, the capacitor is to help with ripple and provide an extra surge when there is a sudden load. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 10:41 PM, Alex said:

Hi guys, I have just started a Custom sleeving project and think ive bit off a little bit more than i can chew. 

I have all the tools and everything, I can make the cables not an issue. Im just a bit lost of the pin layouts and have drastically underestimated its complexity.

Does anyone know the Pin layout for,

Corsair HX Series HX750 750 W 80 Plus Platinum

And are all the corsair power supply the same layout. 

is it going to be as simple as Pin 1 goes to Pin 7 etc with a few that i need to split?

Also i stripped back the 8 pin CPU cable and found what looks like a capacitor connected to two cables. Whats this use and do i need to replicate this?

Thanks for any help that you guys offer.

Alex

P.s. will upload build logs of the project.

I asked seasonic they sent me the pinout for my psy, ask corsair?

I may be wrong.