Gpu not being detected

Ben3608

hello I have browsed the forums called tech support watched YouTube videos and i can still not get my gpu to be detected. I had  a gtx 970 and I just got a 1080 today took it out put in my 1080 and it will not be detected no matter what i do. I have tired resetting my bios to default I have updated my pc I have taken it in and out multiple times nothing works. The card is lighting up and is getting power from the connector from the psu I even had it in the PCI slot with no connector and it was still getting power from the PCI slot  I tried to put my gtx 970 back it however when I did that neither of my monitors were being detected with that sO I have no idea what to do I am very frustrated please help and sorry for the horrible grammar. My mother board is a msi board h97 pc mate

What BIOS version?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

sounds stupid are you using a DP connection or a HDMI connection. i had this issue recently with my misses new 1080. for some reason it would not register the DP cable. hdmi was fine. it was only until i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled them it would recognised the hdmi fine but only on the first slot. all over slots where dead as such until the reinstall of the drivers needed. 

3 hours ago, Yeti in a thong said:

sounds stupid are you using a DP connection or a HDMI connection. i had this issue recently with my misses new 1080. for some reason it would not register the DP cable. hdmi was fine. it was only until i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled them it would recognised the hdmi fine but only on the first slot. all over slots where dead as such until the reinstall of the drivers needed. 

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

What BIOS version?

I updated my bios to the newest version. Also I believe the problem is that the card was dead I bought it off ebay and contacted the seller and I am returning it. The card did not work in my brothers pc or my pc no matter what we did. My gpu is back in and the monitor finally detected the 970. I am returning the 1080 and hoping I can get a new one that is working wish me luck boys!