Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrading Pc

InquisitorPc
 Share

Hello guys, I have a pretty old gaming  system but I can still cope with new games. I want to upgarde to a z370 motherboard system with intel 8th generation cpu and a gtx 1070 as GPU, but I have no idea whereto start and what to buy first.

My system:

Msi z97 gaming 5

Intel i7 4790k with stock cooler

MSi gtx 970 gaming 4G

Thermaltake smart SE 630W

OCZ vertex 240gb ssd

WD 2tb hdd

Coolermaster n500 pc case.

Any suggestion is welcome.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

why to z370? that cpu can still hold up pretty well with even a 1080 ti/2080 when overclocked in most games. exept if you want to go high refresh rate. also, considered ryzen? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

why to z370? that cpu can still hold up pretty well with even a 1080 ti/2080 when overclocked in most games. exept if you want to go high refresh rate. also, considered ryzen? 

This cpu hits the 100° celcius when gaming and I don't know if changing the cooler will deal with this. And also I have low fps in game at max setting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, InquisitorPc said:

This cpu hits the 100° celcius when gaming and I don't know if changing the cooler will deal with this. And also I have low fps in game at max setting.

well, that sounds like a bad thermal application. might want to try reapplying thermal paste first? also, are you using the stock cooler, or a aftermarket one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, that sounds like a bad thermal application. might want to try reapplying thermal paste first? also, are you using the stock cooler, or a aftermarket one?

I'm using Stock cooler...reapplied thermal paste recently but no changes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, InquisitorPc said:

I'm using Stock cooler...reapplied thermal paste recently but no changes

well, you might want to try a aftermarket cooler first. that would help out thermals a lot. but some 6 and 7 series have broken thermal sensors, are you throddeling in stresstests?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, you might want to try a aftermarket cooler first. that would help out thermals a lot. but some 6 and 7 series have broken thermal sensors, are you throddeling in stresstests?

Yes I was thinking of liquid cooling. I have not done any stress test yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, InquisitorPc said:

Yes I was thinking of liquid cooling. I have not done any stress test yet

try a stress test first. an air cooler and aio are pretty much the same these days. it depends on your case and prefference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

try a stress test first. an air cooler and aio are pretty much the same these days. it depends on your case and prefference

Yep I will do a stress test and then post the result 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, InquisitorPc said:

Yep I will do a stress test and then post the result 

I would suggest aida64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×