Thin 120mm fans?

hatycat

Anyone know of any good 12mm (or so) thick, 120mm fans? I bought a new heatsink and my 24mm thick old ones, just can't quite fit. The only thin ones I could find are these scythe ones.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=39631&vpn=SY1212SL12L&manufacture=Scythe

And I know I may get a bit of flack for this, but I was looking for something more "flashy" I mean I have a transparent panel on my case for a reason. I'm surprised there aren't more thin fans on the market, as I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this problem.

first of all, what is your case? and what is the purpose of this fan? in my opinion, these type of fans are useless. a fan is a fan though. does something, better than nothing.

first of all, what is your case? and what is the purpose of this fan? in my opinion, these type of fans are useless. a fan is a fan though. does something, better than nothing.
Purpose -> Pull in fresh air or exhaust?

Gelid Solution Slim 12. I don't know how good they are and I don't know how easily you'll find them where you are, but they look nice.

Pulling fresh air in, I know it doesn't do much, but I'm desperate to keep temps down as my CPU is running pretty hot,( Noctua ud-12p is rather disappointing) I am currently running without a side panel, and to me this is unacceptable.

Gelid Solution Slim 12. I don't know how good they are and I don't know how easily you'll find them where you are, but they look nice.
Looks like exactly what I need, except NCIX doesn't carry it, and newegg is out of stock :(

Anyone know of any good 12mm (or so) thick' date=' 120mm fans? I bought a new heatsink and my 24mm thick old ones, just can't quite fit. The only thin ones I could find are these scythe ones. [url']http://ncix.com/products/?sku=39631&vpn=SY1212SL12L&manufacture=Scythe And I know I may get a bit of flack for this, but I was looking for something more "flashy" I mean I have a transparent panel on my case for a reason. I'm surprised there aren't more thin fans on the market, as I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this problem.

its a design flaw for these thin fans. not enough blade area to create an air-flow path to

compete with the 25mm market and to not be LOUD in use. to get a thin to semi-perform

you have to really spin them fast.. and they just aren't the best viable alternative.

airdeano

That sure sucks. Noctua ud12p is pretty lame. haha. Get Noctua NH-D14. Reallly goood.

Anyone know of any good 12mm (or so) thick' date=' 120mm fans? I bought a new heatsink and my 24mm thick old ones, just can't quite fit. The only thin ones I could find are these scythe ones. [url']http://ncix.com/products/?sku=39631&vpn=SY1212SL12L&manufacture=Scythe And I know I may get a bit of flack for this, but I was looking for something more "flashy" I mean I have a transparent panel on my case for a reason. I'm surprised there aren't more thin fans on the market, as I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this problem.

its a design flaw for these thin fans. not enough blade area to create an air-flow path to

compete with the 25mm market and to not be LOUD in use. to get a thin to semi-perform

you have to really spin them fast.. and they just aren't the best viable alternative.

airdeano

That's why I'm thinking I buy 2.

yeah, except there is no way I can fit a duel rad heat sink, this is just to tide me over tell I get a new case, and then put in water cooling.

airdeano

you can buy six and not be comparable to the regular 25mm fan. save the time and money an

re-research the issue or buy 'em and dislike them like everyone else has done.

I'm just curious as to why you need these fans? I'm sorry but I couldn't quite make it out from the posts above. Are you using them as intake/exhaust fans for your case, or on your CPU heatsink? Do you plan on using them on a radiator at some point?