Getting into PC case modding, need tips please.

DVA

Hey guys, so next year I will begin making a custom build for my wife. I will be making using something similar to a Node, or some other small form factor case. I was wondering if any of you could give me any tips and tricks you've found in case modding.

I will be doing things such as:

Painting the case - So what paint should I use? I understand I will need to sand down all the previous paint off and clean it up in order to apply new paint.

Drilling her initial on it, I hope to find a case with a pre-installed dust filter and take it from there. I plan to use a step-bit.

Painting components such as the motherboard/ram/gpu (or I'll more than likely just order a plate off of V1tech)

So..yeah. Throw me any advice you can please.

Thanks guys!!

8 hours ago, DVA said:

Hey guys, so next year I will begin making a custom build for my wife. I will be making using something similar to a Node, or some other small form factor case. I was wondering if any of you could give me any tips and tricks you've found in case modding.

I will be doing things such as:

Painting the case - So what paint should I use? I understand I will need to sand down all the previous paint off and clean it up in order to apply new paint.

Drilling her initial on it, I hope to find a case with a pre-installed dust filter and take it from there. I plan to use a step-bit.

Painting components such as the motherboard/ram/gpu (or I'll more than likely just order a plate off of V1tech)

So..yeah. Throw me any advice you can please.

Thanks guys!!

For paint you don't have to take it down to bare metal as long as it's in good condition you can scuff up the surface and apply primer and paint.

I have a guide here that covers a lot of the question you have here: