Help finding a Laptop

There are a lot of gaming and whatnot laptops out there, and being at work its hard to explore everything, so I'm asking for help!

I need a Laptop I can game on, (RTS mainly, Light FPS, Sim games in general.

The Problem is it MUST be light, and have a Large battery. Will need it to run 6-8 hours on battery alone for work stuff (Excel, Outlook, ect on battery only at times.

Gaming would only be under power, so I'm not worried there.

But it needs to last that 6 hours with excel..

I carry it onto ships and sometimes have to carry it through airports or up 5 floors in a backpack, So Weight is also a major issue. 6 pounds for the laptop, with out a crazy power block would be ideal.

Not sure if this is the right area to ask about stuff like this. If not please remove, or Move it.

Thank you in Advance,

Ekibiogami

Budget? Fine with low sRGB display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Budget? Fine with low sRGB display?

LOL sorry, fine with 2Kish on budget. and display, As long as its 1080 and not causing issues for gaming I'm fine with it.

6 minutes ago, Ekibiogami said:

LOL sorry, fine with 2Kish on budget. and display, As long as its 1080 and not causing issues for gaming I'm fine with it.

Oh, and it must have a 10 key.... work will come first for this laptop.

Good budget option: HP Omen 15 dc (customize) with 144Hz IPS and 70Wh battery - try to not get 1060 model as some models have GSync which kills battery life

Other option: Alienware m15 with 90Wh battery (no HDD)

Note that I've excluded thin and light gaming/performance laptops with good battery life but mediocre cooling

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Good budget option: HP Omen 15 dc (customize) with 144Hz IPS and 70Wh battery - try to not get 1060 model as some models have GSync which kills battery life

Other option: Alienware m15 with 90Wh battery (no HDD)

Note that I've excluded thin and light gaming/performance laptops with good battery life but mediocre cooling

Cool, ill look into these, and good warning on the GSync! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Ekibiogami said:

Anyone own a Alienware M15? Wondering if it has a 10 key.

It has numpad. However, apparently m15 has cooling issue (most probably related to thermal pads that are too thick). Would not recommend by now unless the problem has been fixed.

Suggesting Omen 15 dc

On 11/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

HP Omen 15 dc (customize) with 144Hz IPS and 70Wh battery - try to not get 1060 model as some models have GSync which kills battery life

Desktop specs:

Spoiler