Rtx vs Gtx graphical difference

Ghayal Dhruv

Is there any noticable and obvious graphic difference between rtx 2080ti and gtx 1080ti, at 1080p, 2k and 4k...???

I know the performance gain is high with new rtx over gtx so dnt start that discission

not ray tracing the 2080 ti still trumps the 1080 ti, as expected.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

No difference in visual fidelity unless Ray Tracing is enabled. Even then , while it is better than standard screen space reflections, it comes at a catastrohpic performance hit.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

No there is no difference. 1080p is 1080p, 2k is 2k, and 4k is 4k there changes nothing just because it is a different GPU.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

not ray tracing the 2080 ti still trumps the 1080 ti, as expected.

the RTX 2080 TI is not however meant to compete with the 1080TI. the RTX 2080TI is sitting in its own insane price bracket... i think its the RTX 2080 and the 1080TI that hold equivalent slots and they're really neck and neck as far as cards go. the RTX 2080 TI has some stupid pricing though

2 hours ago, OttoVonBismarck said:

the RTX 2080 TI is not however meant to compete with the 1080TI. the RTX 2080TI is sitting in its own insane price bracket... i think its the RTX 2080 and the 1080TI that hold equivalent slots and they're really neck and neck as far as cards go. the RTX 2080 TI has some stupid pricing though

You're right, the RTX isn't meant to compete with the GTX, it's meant to and is replacing it.  Nvidia stopped producing the 1080ti GPU months ago, and what 3rd party manufacturers like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc have are the last GTX1080ti cards that will ever be on the new market.  Don't expect the price of the 2080ti to drop any time soon, and you can almost expect the price of the 1080ti to sneak back up as well once the supply gets lower.  

Basically, because everyone is smart and noticed that the 1080ti is, currently, a much better option in terms of price to performance on current games people are continuing to buy them new and used so the price of the GTX cards will begin to rise as supply dwindles and demand stays constant, causing the price of the RTX cards to stay where they are, or maybe even inflate a bit.