Repairing Unmounted Encrypted Mac HD

Hey guys, 

Been trouble shooting a problem for a friend for a while now. I have a Macbook pro that she can log into, however after typing in the password a bar shows up, loads about a quarter of the way through and crashes.

Via Disk Utilities in recovery mode, I've tried verifying the disk and exit code 8 appears, but repair disk option is not available. Tried unlocking, mounting, removing encryption, etc. to no avail. 

Any tips?

Thanks

Edit: When attempting to mount, it says mounting failed. When attempting to decrypt, it says it is attempting to decrypt in the background it never follows up with it. Unlocking does seem to work but doesnt lead anywhere.

Cont. Tried disabling FileVault through the reset password functions, says my password is incorrect.

You can attempt to factory reset through the BIOS it by plugging it into a Windows PC and trying there. It may stop you from reseting it because of the encryption in newer versions of MacOS but on older versions, it should work.

2 minutes ago, cflanders said:

You can attempt to factory reset through the BIOS it by plugging it into a Windows PC and trying there. It may stop you from reseting it because of the encryption in newer versions of MacOS but on older versions, it should work.

Alrighty, Ill give that a shot later. Thanks!