Why Logitech mice use more power?

dernor

I was searching for a new mouse watching videos on youtube and stuff and I realize that most of the mice no matter which brand uses between 100 and 200 Ma (milliamperes) but logitech ones now use always 500Ma (the amount of Ma is printed on the back of most of the mice). I´m curious about why they need way more power than most of the other ones.

Are those mice wired or wireless mice. Just checked my ancient Microsoft mouse, and it uses 100 mA/wired.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Are those mice wired or wireless mice. Just checked my ancient Microsoft mouse, and it uses 100 mA/wired.

I´m talking about wired gaming mice.

In that case, I dunno. Specs are the same? No RGB?

MS%20MouseOpticalWheel%20PIC.jpg

This is the kind of mouse I am using. The one I currently use has been bought in a thrift shop. The one I bought new was ~100 euro's, when optical mice were new and special.

6 minutes ago, dernor said:

I was searching for a new mouse watching videos on youtube and stuff and I realize that most of the mice no matter which brand uses between 100 and 200 Ma (milliamperes) but logitech ones now use always 500Ma (the amount of Ma is printed on the back of most of the mice). I´m curious about why they need way more power than most of the other ones.

3 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Does it have LED's? Maybe they use special types of LED's that take more power. I also use the M90, and it uses 100 mA as well. It's wired.

Btw, why would you care about the amount of mA a WIRED mouse would take... Your USB ports can provide enough juice, and you don't have to worry about battery life. You won't notice the difference in mA in the electricity bill.

when optical mice were new and special.

OPTICAL MICE SUCK, I LOVE BALL MICE!!!!!!!

Special my ass. You can burn out someones eye with that...:P

Still, was lasers under your mouse so cool that it cost 100 euros. 

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

Does it have LED's? Maybe they use special types of LED's that take more power. I also use the M90, and it uses 100 mA as well. It's wired.

They are all similar, I mean, the Razer Deathadder has powerfull leds and similar stuff to the logitech g403 but Razer one uses 250Ma and the Logitech 500Ma.

Btw, why would you care about the amount of mA a WIRED mouse would take... Your USB ports can provide enough juice, and you don't have to worry about battery life. You won't notice the difference in mA in the electricity bill.

I guess he sparked some interest in finding out about the small details. I would love to know the answer as well.:)

1 minute ago, dernor said:

They are all similar, I mean, the Razer Deathadder has powerfull leds and similar stuff to the logitech g403 but Razer one uses 250Ma and the Logitech 500Ma.

Maybe the lasers they use? Maybe they wanted to make sure there is always enough power for the mice, so they tuned it higher, although it doesn't use that much? I'm dry...

Just now, Factory OC said:

Maybe the lasers they use? Maybe they wanted to make sure there is always enough power for the mice, so they tuned it higher, although it doesn't use that much? I'm dry...

They use similar optical sensor and both are top high quality mouses with similar specs. That´s why I don´t understand.

7 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

OPTICAL MICE SUCK, I LOVE BALL MICE!!!!!!!

I hated them, with a passion. I sweat alot, so my balled mice usually had lots of crap in them. Couldn't play games with them reliably.

Special my ass. You can burn out someones eye with that...:P

Ever been hit in the head with the ball of a balled mouse? That stuff can crack a skull.

Still, was lasers under your mouse so cool that it cost 100 euros.

It did cost that much, because it was better. (and new tech) Not only because it was cool. Also, a year or 2 later, other family members bought cheap optical mice. They had issues with their mice not being able to track fast movement while my expencive mouse could track anything.

*PS: we would run games at 800x600 @ best.

I hated them, with a passion. I sweat alot, so my balled mice usually had lots of crap in them. Couldn't play games with them reliably.

That's why I was joking around with that:P

Even been hit in the head with the ball of a balled mouse? That stuff can crack a skull.

You make that sound scary. I may ask my brother to throw me with one...

2 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

It did cost that much, because it was better. (and new tech) Not only because it was cool. Also, a year or 2 later, other family members bought cheap optical mice. They had issues with their mice not being able to track fast movement while my expencive mouse could track anything.

I guess I can relate to that. My mother bought a LCD screen, and it was the best thing she ever bought. I'm still using it at the moment, actually.

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

*PS: we would run games at 800x600 @ best.

Playing Prince of Persia at 1024×768 @ best at the moment. OMG Prince of Persia is hard. I'll give Dark Souls a pass. I can't even complete POP at easy, how about playing Dark Souls...