Review of the Tecknet M268 Gaming mouse (£10 ish on Amazon.co.uk)

Hello guys, welcome to my review of the Tecknet M268 Gaming Mouse, which i snapped up on amazon.co.uk for £10 ish. Also have a complimentary video: 

Here is the written review: (Shout out to Mike Fox from google plus for doing the voice over, his youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPrXjmBjTv0KXvCTo3IYXhQ

Subscribe, like and enjoy:

In the day and age where the humble mouse is considered the most important peripheral to many, people tend to not hold back their budget on one and get a high end, and fairly expensive gaming mouse to get that no-scope on point. But what if you can’t afford a high end mouse, or rather put your money elsewhere but still want a proper mouse? Well, Tecknet might cover you with the Tecknet M268 Gaming mouse. Let's find out if it is worth the £10 on Amazon…

We shall break this up into a few parts, aesthetics, ergonomics, features, use as a mouse and a conclusion, but we shall begin with a summary:

The mouse is pretty gamer oriented with subtle however unchangeable, blue leds on the scroll wheel, DPI switcher, bottom sensor and palm rest with two extra buttons on the left that acts as a back and forward button for most applications. There is a thumb rest and a little finger rest, which is probably expected, but there is a small piece of plastic where your thumb tip goes, which is a really nice touch as it gives you guidance on how the mouse is supposed to be held, something I was not expecting on a dirt cheap mouse. The back the mouse sports a Tecknet logo, and the front has a non removable USB cable that is braided, again a really nice touch, and a gold plated USB connector.

Aesthetics

The mouse looks great in my opinion, it is not super complicated and flashy but has some neat quirks like patterns on the underside and thumb/finger rest. Not much to say here, but you wouldn’t really be disappointed with it if you want a good looking mouse. You could add it has a metal looking finish that doesn’t feel bad but not a superb imitation either, which leads us on to the ergonomics..

Ergonomics of the mouse

The mouse feels great in the hand and fits snugly in my average sized hands, but I do find my pinky to overhang occasionally which is slightly irritation, but I got used to it. My palm ached occasionally, so I recommend you don't hold the mouse tightly otherwise you could experience fatigue. The buttons on the side have distinctive clicks to them and one of them has a texture to tell them apart, but the glossy, cheap plastic finish of the buttons lets it down a bit. The left and right clicks are really easy to press and give a satisfying click when pressed, the same may be said about the scroll wheel but however, can move side to side giving a loose feeling; the mouse does not have horizontal scrolling. It glides along most surfaces easily and smoothly, but not light enough to give it a fragile feel, which cannot be said about most other cheap mice.

Features

Not a lot is provided here apart from the two extra buttons and three DPI modes, 600 dp,i 1200 dpi and 2000 dpi; no bundled software to talk about; this is a pretty standard mouse with no outstanding features.

Usage:

I have used this mouse daily for an extended period of time and had no issues with it apart from those mentioned, it has served me well, has survived some bumps as well, the build quality is better than first expected as the mouse is in the same condition it came in. Touching the tip of the mouse feels fragile, but I am not surprised by that although I would have liked a RGB LED as they are not expensive and easy to implement.

Conclusion

Overall, for the people with not a lot of cash to spare on a mouse, this is one fine choice and has really impressed me; I will be using it until it stops working as it has all the features most people will really need, including me, and this brand needs more attention in their products imo, they could be a game changer.

My Build:

i5 4690k

Gigabyte Z97 D3

AMD R9 290

8gb ram

Sandisk SSD plus 120gb

EVGA G2 550W

Corsair Carbide 200R